“Service leaves a lot to be desired.”
Review of Caffe Sorrento

Caffe Sorrento
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Milford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Boston
“Service leaves a lot to be desired.”
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Great thin crust pizza made in a wood fired oven, dreadful customer service

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank jfw1024

Mackinac Island, Michigan
“Rough around the edges, but good food and value”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We live in the area and have gone a couple of times in the past few years, but not crazy about the part of town where Caffe Sorrento is located. However, have to say that we had a pleasant experience this evening as a party of 6. We all split a terrific and generous portion of the calamari appetizer and everyone seemed to enjoy their meals of veal and chicken rollatini, lasagne, and osso bucco. I had the eggplant parm. and it tasted more homemade than the usual crunchy breadcrumb crust product that is probably bought frozen from an outside supplier. All our meals were from $11-$16 and included salad or soup and bread basket. The calamari app. was $7. It looked like the front end of the house was Italian--good sign. Wish the interior was not so "ordinary." I'm thinking we'll be back sooner rather than later for a glass of the house Gabbiano Chianti and an order of the calamari.

1 Thank CCCHome
Medway, Ma
“Each dish is better than the next”
Reviewed January 23, 2010

My wife and I have dinner at Caffe Sorrento's between 6 to ten times a year. Its a local pub style italian restarant with 10 star dishes. They also have Great Brick oven Pizza, and nice cold Beer from the tap. I usually get the Chicken Florantine and I love it. My wife usually gets a seafood dish and Im always trying to get a taste of her meal and its aways to die for. We also like to get the Calamari as an appitizer and its always very fresh, it just melts in your mouth. Most meals are in the $11.99 range. You cant beat the price.

1 Thank levijl
mass
“ALWAYS GREAT FOOD & HOMETOWN AMBIENCE”
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We eat at Cafe Sorrento's at least twice a week and have done so for over 5 years...The food is consistently wonderful with fresh flavors...if you like fresh fish I reccomend the fresh haddock ..I personally rate it above any of those famous seafood places.

Nothing is ever a problem at Cafe Sorrento's....if they have the ingredient in the kitchen they will make it to you pleasure...like having your own personal chef.

Weekends there is not only great food but try your hand at karaoke....

Wood fired pizzas and a glass of wine what cold be better..

Joanne

2 Thank gj9441
mass
“I have been going to Cafe Sorrento for over a decade now, but..”
Reviewed May 5, 2008

I have been going to Cafe Sorrento for over a decade now, and for the most part they have been reliable with there entree's.

My recent visit I ordered take out, my wife got the Shrimp Scampi over linguini and I went with the Chicken Parm and Ziti. My wife's Scampi was fine, my Chicken Parm tasted like expected, but the portion was so that my six year old daughter could have polished this off. (one small to medium piece of chicken and about a third of what I normally see of the pasta) I'm sure if someone from Sorrentos sees this they'll say "no this guys whacked", but I am not exaggerating at all. This is the first time I ever wrote to any business, it took messing up my chicken parm to do so.

I'm going to chalk it up to one bad visit, not sure if there is a new cook or were just rushed to get the order out. It wont stop me from going back some day, but maybe I'll go pizza.

2 Thank stemag