“Nice one night stay”

Holiday Inn Express Milford
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend after a wedding. The man that checked us in was extremely pleasant and thanked us for our business (which is super important to me) The room was fine, king bed, large flat screen tv with good channel selection, sink seperate from tub/toilet (which I like because it allows me to do my hair while he showers.) Everything was very clean and it seems they have a large housekeeping staff to keep up with this.

Breakfast was ooookay, nothing special, but the selection was fairly large. One of my only complaints about this hotel was that breakfast was supposed to end at 11 but the attendant did not replenish anything that ran out past 10:30, including the cinnamon rolls that they advertise (I was NOT impressed but the one I was able to try) Maybe they should only offer breakfast til 10:30 so that people don't come down after that expecting a full selection.

The only other complaint is that we booked a room for 2 adults and they only gave us two bath towels and two hand towels. I wish we had been better supplied.

Location is pretty decent too, not far from major freeway and there is a decent selection of restaurants around and a Target next door for your everyday travel needs. Certainly not a luxury hotel but it does the job :)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Milford

Reviewed March 9, 2010

Having had to work in Milford for a few days, I selected this hotel based on my company's corporate contract rate. The hotel is located off 85, which is really convenient to 495. The hotel has a shuttle that is supposed to be able to take you to anywhere within a five mile radius but since I have a rental car, I didn't have a need to use that service. This is actually the second time I've stayed here for business.

The decor is typical Holiday Inn Express, both in the lobby and the rooms. I was given a non-smoking room on the fourth (top) floor which is fine, except the pillows smell vaguely of cigarette smoke (enough to kick up my allergies). My room has a small closet, no door or suitcase stand. The sink and counter is along one wall and the shower and toilet are located separately, with a door. The bathroom is clean, although a bit old. The shower is a bit narrow, but it does have a curved shower rod, which really helps. The showerhead is the usual large one that is featured in the commercials. You may have to play with it to get the setting you like since the maids use the straight line of water to clean your shower.

The actual room itself has a long, low dresser, two nightstands with lamps, an upright chair and lamp/table as well as a desk, king bed (fairly comfy with enough pillows for one/two people) and a flat screen TV. The TV is actually a nice one, 32 inches and the television channel selection is good. The room also has free wireless internet service.

The hotel offers a free continental breakfast in the morning. You won't find the best breakfast food here but it's adequate with eggs, biscuits, fruit and cereal. There is a computer with printer downstairs but it was not in service when I stayed. The front desk staff is friendly for New Englanders and they provide a listing of restaurants in the area. (The first time I came here, the front desk clerk couldn't give me directions to anywhere; this time was much better.)

I really have no issues with this hotel. The parking lot is a bit small and if you cannot get a spot in front, you have to go around back - but no one seems to be able to figure that out right away based on how the hotel is set into a hillside. The location is convenient for me and I will probably return here for future business trips to the Milford area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank lakeflyer
Reviewed February 3, 2010

This particular HIE was a pleasant surprise for the rate they charged. Room was pretty much spotless with almost new furniture and a huge 40"(?) LCD TV. The King-size bed was very very comfortable and there was no shortage of pillows (7-8 pillows on the bed!)

The computer desk/chair were the best I've seen in a hotel. Lots of lighting and a comfortable recliner. The AC unit did its job quietly too.

The only concern was slow drainage of the sink. Everything else was top-notch.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Synthetic
Reviewed October 18, 2009

The last hotel I stayed in cost 3 times as much while charging extra for the pool, wireless, breakfast, and parking. I was surprised not to have to pay to use the elevator! When we arrived at the Holiday Inn Express, cookies and apples welcomed us. Wireless connection was free. Our room was not especially large or fancy but it was clean, quiet, and the beds and bedding were comfortable - even including a choice of soft or firm pillows. We were not charged extra for having 2 beds in the room. The complimentary breakfast was a real breakfast, with bacon and eggs, fruit, yogurt and cereal. We did not get to the pool area on this trip but absolutely plan to return.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank TrudyLookingGlass
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Being frugal with a family of 4, I decided to try Hotwire.com for the first time. I wanted to stay near the outlets in Wrentham, MA and near Southwick's Zoo in Mendon, MA that had breakfast and a pool and convenient shopping nearby in case we were in need of necessities. That said, I searched Hotwire for Milford-Franklin Hotels. I ended up booking a 3 star hotel for $51 (plus tax was $61). This is the hotel we got. What a deal!!! The service at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. The lobby was clean and comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable with a great shower, coffee pot, and more. We used the pool and the hot tub with the kids. It was clean and the maintenance person was testing the pool water when we wer there--with no disruption at all. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful to say the least! Tasty, hot items and cold--the best we have had at many restaurants or hotels!! The hotel was not only convenient to our destinations, but also to local shopping such as Target and Stop & Shop and CVS, and also a lot of chain and restaurants. I definitely recommend this hotel if you want a clean, hotel in a great location

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Momof2cutiepies
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Nice hotel. Good staff. Needs more fruit on the breakfast bar. Would stay here again. LOVED THE FREE WIRELESS.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
expressmilfordgsm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Hello Daylilly08,
Thank you for taking the time to-do a Trip Advisor review about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Boston/ Milford. We do have red apples, oranges, granny smith apples and bananas for our breakfast, which other fruits are you looking for? We love guest input and are always trying to improve! Please choose to stay with us again when in the Milford area. Maybe you will like the changes we are making to breakfast.

Thank you again.

Reviewed August 11, 2009

Stayed at this hotel while traveling on business in the area and was very happy with my stay. The free breakfast is great and they had a wide variety of food. The hotel is super clean and the staff is great. My wife and child were traveling with me visiting family and they loved the pool. They also have free internet access. I will always stay at this hotel when traveling to Milford! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford
Courtyard Boston Milford
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 3 in Franklin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milford? Share your experiences!