“Not bad for a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Milford
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and this was one of the better Holiday Inns I've stayed at. The free wifi was really fast and made working in my hotel room a lot easier. It was also nice having a pretty delicious (considering it's free) breakfast - which is one thing less I have to worry about while traveling.

Other than that, what can I say? The beds and rooms were super clean and comfortable and the staff were great. I forgot my phone charger and they managed to find me one I could use, which was super awesome. Pretty awesome place.

I didn't get a chance to swim in the pool, but it looked pretty sweet. Maybe next time I'll take a trip down with my family and we can all enjoy it.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, get a room by the rear exit - makes your life a lot easier!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
expressmilfordgsm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Hello Johnathan T,
Very nice of you to take the time out for this great survey! Thank you very much! We are happy to see that you had and have had great stays with us. We look forward to making each stay for each guest the best it can be. As for the pool, you should bring the family for the weekend, the pool is newly renovated and we are close to Gillette Stadium and Boston. You could make a very nice weekend out of it.

Thank you and have a happy holiday season!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel is extremely clean and the staff goes out of their way to make your stay hassle free and enjoyable. In addition, during the months of December, January and February the hotel is going through renovations however, the hotel is still open for business. The planning of the construction is first class without interruptions to hotel services. You hardly notice the work crews and I cannot wait to see the fruits of their efforts. I stay at this hotel every week for the past couple of months and have enjoyed each stay. There are many convenient places to dine and past the time or hang out in the lobby by the fireplace enjoying coffee or tea.

Dear Jamie S,
Thank you very much for your kind words about your stays with us! We appreciate you taking the time very much! We are also so excited about the renovations and cannot wait for guest like you that stay every week to see what we have come up with for the rooms.

Thank you very much again! Have a Happy Holiday Season!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at the holiday inn express over American Thanksgiving weekend. we arrived at dinner time and the reception was not welcoming. Instead a abrupt 'license and credit card" and that is where I interjected with a "how about Please!". They were doing major renovations throughout the hotel. The pool has new surfacing on the ground, and had no lights the Thursday evening we swam. We were told they were not working due to the heat and moisture. The stay was ok.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kendra B

Hello Kendra B,
Thank you for taking the time to do a survey about your stay with us. I appreciate your feedback. And you are right PLEASE is what should of been said at check in!! I will make sure to show your survey to the agent that checked you in. As for the pool I am sorry that the light was not coming on for you. The pool was what we renovated first and is the only thing that we have done so far. It will not happen again!

Thank you again, and have a happy holiday season.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable and the folks at the reception desk were very friendly and helpful but...the last three Holiday inns I've stayed,at to include this one, have the absolute worst internet on the planet. I've seen faster dial-up. Too bas cuzeverything else was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
expressmilfordgsm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Hello Bagger06,
We are happy to see that your overall stay with us went well. But sad to see that the internet was such a problem for you!! I hope you did call the desk, we found out that one of our servers were down, I have a feeling that it was effecting you access. I am very sorry about that. But please try us again when in the Milford Area. We aim to make every stay the best it can be!

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Used this hotel as a convenient night stop when heading from Cape Cod across to New Hampshire. Easy to find and with great facilities, friendly staff and a large clean room and bed. With shops and eateries close by, we couldn't have asked for more during our short stay. Overall, we were very impressed and would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
expressmilfordgsm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milford, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Hi DesertDrifters,
Thank you so much for your review! It is nice to see that your quick stop ending up being a nice stay with us! We hope you had a great time in Cape Cod!

Thank you again and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I traveled here for business meetings in another town and a colleague has the car. This hotel is within walking distance (if you are in shape and it's not too cold) to a TGI Fridays and Target superstore but there are no evening eating options in the hotel or close enough to walk. The free shuttle service is available if you want to use it though. In Massachusetts, you can only buy wine at a liquor store, and beer apparently at gas stations or liquor stores.

As for the rooms, you enter through the split vanity / bathroom which struck me as different. The heater is a window unit which does not have an "auto" function so it runs all night. Bring your earplugs! The hair dryer is one of the wall mount smaller models, the amenities include lotion, shampoo and conditioner plus soap, but no brand labels. The black out curtains worked well. The TV is flat screen and there were plenty of channels. There is a coffee maker in the bathroom, but no microwave or fridge. I noted there is laundry on site.

The bed is pretty hard and my back was sore. There were plenty of pillows. The desk is adequate, but only one plug at the lamp. The Internet is free but I had trouble logging in on my iPad and it took several minutes to get to the login screen. I could connect to wifi on my Lenovo laptop, but could never get the login screen to come up because my computer required a VPN connection. I could not get any work done at night.

The fitness center is clean and there are 2 treadmills, a bike and an Elliptical with a TV and towels. The morning breakfast is great with a nice variety of cold and warm foods and fruit and flavored creamer for coffee.

This is a busy area with many businesses, so this was the only hotel that had availability. For $150 a nit, it seemed a bit overpriced.

Other notes: Parking is free. There is an indoor pool.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tlcjunk

Hello tlcjunk,
I first wanted to thank for your great and very detailed survey about your stay with us. We very much appreciate it and always try to learn something from them.
I am sorry to see that the internet was not working correctly for you. I hope that you stopped by the front desk; we have a 24 hours help line for our internet here. We also have started a renovation; all our rooms are being redone and will have fridge and microwave in them.
We hope that if you are in the area again for business or leisure you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

One of my local networking groups just switched their meeting locations to this hotel; while I wasn't sure what to expect at first (our previous meeting location was a full-service hotel close by), I quickly got to know the front desk staff and found this hotel to be quite a gem. The hotel is going through a top-to-bottom renovation, and the new rooms are modern and what you'd expect to find in an upscale, boutique-style hotel. The indoor pool area also got a makeover, giving families with kids a place to relax and take a dip. What really impressed me was the hotel's continental breakfast options - at most hotels in this price range, you'd expect to find watered-down OJ, some muffins and a waffle maker. Holiday Inn Express does it right, offering up gourmet coffee, fresh cinnamon buns, cheese omelets, bagels and more. The whole place is warm and inviting - if you're planning a stay in the Milford area, this place is tops.

Dear Brendan L,
Thank you so very much for your great review about our hotel. It is very much appreciated!
We look forward to having you here with us and hosting your meetings in our Granite Room.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford
Courtyard Boston Milford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 3 in Franklin
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milford? Share your experiences!