“Really noisy inside, paper thin walls - you won't sleep”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This hotel was not good. You can hear everything in the hall and in adjacent rooms. You won't sleep through the night. When I got to the room it was so hot I had to open the window.
Spend an extra 10 bucks and sleep!

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank marco123
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding our hotel. We value your feedback very much. I want to sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced at this hotel. I will share your comments regarding the heat being on too high with my staff to ensure that this situation does not occur in the future. With respect to the noise level, I am sorry for the inconveniences this caused you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns, I can be reached at (508) 478-0900, extension 403. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Best wishes for 2011!

Diane Houlihan

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We spent two nights at the Fairfield Inn and I can't think of any negative comments. I called the night before our arrival to request a crib in our room. Upon arrival, the person at the front desk told me he had just gone to my room to make sure the crib was set up and we were all set to go. This was a relief as we were arriving late and wanted to get the baby to bed as soon as possible. The room was clean, and plenty big for 2 adults, and 3 young children. We had the suite, which I was surprised was only $10 more than a regular room. This gave us a sofa bed, an additional tv, and a stereo. Breakfast each morning was great. There was something for everyone. The variety of foods didn't seem to change from one day to the next, but they had a nice selection of bagels, muffins, oatmeal, fresh waffles, biscuit sandwiches, eggs, juice, and more. There is also an indoor pool. You can't miss it, it's right in front of you when you walk into the lobby--so no hiding it from the kids! And, free wireless internet connection in the room! I would definitely stay in this hotel again. The staff was very friendly and helpful all weekend long.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cari611
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Clean, quiet nice staff members. Cida on the breakfast crew was a real gem. One of the hardest working people ever.
I accidentally left my Mike's pastry box on the front counter when we checked in. I saw it there the next morning. They didn't eat it and saved it for me.
Rooms were nice. Ask for a room in the back and look at the pretty trees.
Wish that the pool would have been open before 10 a.m. though. Wanted to get a quick dip. Hot tub was too hot at night!!! That was ok. I'll be back when I visit my daughter.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was a good Fairfield, with a very good room rate and friendly staff. The evening manager was extremely helpful in helping us find a dinner location and the morning staff great about helping with directions. Breakfast was good with a decent variety of fresh items and seating area big enough. Internet connection was good. I'd stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kalexander57
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We are a family with 3 kids (ages 4-12) and stayed here for 1 night while visiting family in the area.

We are Marriott Rewards members have stayed at many Fairfield Inns, but this was our first stay at this location. It did not seem up to the standards at other locations.

On the positive side, the hotel did allow 5 people in one room, which apparently is hard to come-by in the local area, due to some fire codes. (We were actually visiting relatives closer to Boston, but I reserved here specifically because we could all stay in one room.)

We got a room with 1 king bed and an opening sofa. (We've stayed in this room type in other locations, but usually they had 2 queen beds plus a sofa bed, instead of just the 1 king.)

I had pre-requested a rollaway, which upon check-in I was told was almost ready, and would be brought up shortly. (We ended up deciding not to take it.)

When my kids started unfolding the sofa bed, they found a paper from a bachlorette party scavenger hunt under the sofa cushions. (I immediately snatched it from the, and fortunately, it was on the tame side.)

We then went on our own hunt through the room for the linens for the sofa bed, only to find that there were none. Called the front desk, and was told that there had been a bachlorette party there the previous night. The desk clerk said the sofabed should have been made-up by the maid. He said he would try to find linens, but had a shortage of blankets and pillows. After about 15 minutes he did find some. He was doing his best, but should not have been in that situation.

We were only at the hotel for about 12 hours total, but ran out of toilet paper, as there were only partial rolls and the maid had not left a spare.

The breakfast selection was typical for Fairfield Inn, but what wasn't typical was when they stopped re-stocking it. We were there on Sunday night/Monday morning in August. Breakfast ended at 9am. But, at 8:45, there was no waffle batter, and the attendant said she would not make more because it was too late. (The attendant announced that to me when she overheard me asking my daughter if she wanted a waffle. My daughter didn't, but some people standing next to us did. They may have complained to someone else, because about 5 minutes later she came around asking all those if the breakfast area if anyone else wanted a waffle, as she was going to make more batter after all. She actually cooked the waffles for them.) But, she did not re-stock anything else, so that by 8:55, there were no bagels, bread, or muffins left.

The location was very convenient to the highway, and the pool looked OK but we didn't have time to use it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank family1991
dhoulihan, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay. We value your feedback very much. I want to extend a sincere apology for the challenges you experienced at our hotel. I have shared your comments with my staff to ensure that these situations do not occur in the future. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you in the future when you are traveling in the local area. We appreciate your business very much.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Not very impressed with the hotel for a few reason. Mostly the beds, pillows and noise.

Checkin
No problems here. I showed up later and they put me in the room right next to the elevator. I was going to move but i just didn't care at 9pm.

Beds
HORRIBLE! They are so soft and have very little support.

Pilllows
Even worse than the bed. I would have been better with a pile of cotton.

Bathroom
OK bathroom. Hot water was good.

Internet
The internet was pretty good. Didn't slow down that much.

Breakfast
Not bad. The regular run of the mill free breakfast. The attendant was very nice.

TV
Old CRT TV but they had a good amount of channels.

Noise from the road was pretty bad. A lot louder then I would have liked.

Overall I'll skip this location next time and pick somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank morganrep

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We value your feedback very much. I have shared your comments with my staff to ensure that this situation does not occur again the in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at (508) 478-0900. We hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Thank you for your valued business.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

Stayed in this hotel on multiple occasions (last time in April, now in June) during week days (referring to other review about weekend stays). For most of the times I was satisfied with this hotel - not the last one, I actually checked out day ahead. Usually I get good rooms in the end of corridor (quieter), this time got suboptimal room 313, just next to the elevator. Suboptimal regarding noise - but it turned out to be much worse.
Planned to stay 6 nights, stayed 5 and actually should've stayed 1 or 2.
Room itself is nice and spacious, separate bedroom and working space, comfortable bed (unless...), HBO and free internet. What more is there to need, right? We'll get back to that.
Hotel itself is rather well maintained for its age, has a small pool (too small to swim, perfect in size for kids to make all kind of ruckus), although elevator could be quicker. Breakfast options are limited (continental breakfast, plus waffles, plus inedible microwave-warmed packed sandwiches) - that's a big minus for me but others mileage might vary. Small gym, there's also big empty parking lot to do excercises if weather is good (back parking is rather secluded, which is nice).
So, until last stay I'd give this hotel 4 TripAdvisor "bullets". Now I it degraded to 3. Why?
Ants. Big, black, biting ants in room 313. First night I woke up when something (an insect) was walking over my face in the middle of the night. Shook it away thinking it's just a spider (probably scared more than I am) and went back to sleep. In the morning found a bite spot on my chest.
Next evening I spotted a big black ant. Took a picture, killed it thinking there's just one. Gravely mistaken. Next days and nights were spent on searching for those, shaking them away when they walk on you (they're fast!), and waking up being bitten in arms, legs and neck.
Ants were about 2cm long (3/4 of an inch or so), most of them fully black with large heads, some with white rears (planting eggs for invasion?). Counted at least 6 of them Wednesday morning (mostly on the bed and in bathroom). Not a pleasant experience. Actually, right now I'm in a Marriott hotel in Paris (will post review on Saturday when I check out) and am looking for ants here as well :) Talking about homegrown paranoia, eh?
Finally gave up and checked out. The manager, Ms Houlihan, was really sympathetic and gave me some extra Marriott points so I could exchange them for free night in other same-class hotel (unfortunately, cannot use those points on same-day reservations, had to pay for next hotel). In overall, she saved that day - I don't feel cheated nor hold bad feelings. Pity she didn't save those other nights (talking about ants! :)

However, I should warn other travellers not to stay in room 313 (and around) until hotel gets properly fumigated. All of it, not just room 313. Ants can walk.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ISmackedTheLion
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Milford hotel. We value your feedback very much. I want to sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced and the inconveniences this has caused you. This is not our standard level of service and the issue has been addressed and resolved. Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Milford hotel while in the local area. We hope you will choose us again in the future to restore your faith in our hotel Enjoy your summer!

Regards,
Diane Houlihan, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Courtyard Boston Milford
Holiday Inn Express Milford
Doubletree by Hilton Boston Milford
Best Western Milford Inn
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 3 in Franklin
La Quinta Inn Boston - Milford

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford? Share your experiences!