“Considering sleeping in my car”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Middleboro
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Booked one night here for a holiday weekend so we wouldn't have to drive three hours home after a long day at the beach. Entire place reeks of cigarettes, even the lobby and hallways. Furnishings look new, nice TV, and fridge but the linen is horrifying, the sheets have weird stains and the blankets are ratty. The bathtub had hair all over the bottom and there is strange rust orange caulking all around the toilet. Basically I am afraid to walk barefoot in this room and will be skipping the shower altogether. The walls are a creepy semi-fluorescent green, and the window shades will not close all the way. I am just waiting for a bug to crawl out of some corner then I will be sleeping in my car. Wish we had just kept driving. I would pay more for a clean bathroom and clean sheets if there was another hotel nearby.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi in one room spewed brown water until my father in law ran it three times, don't wast...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Daysinn_Middleboro, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Guest,
We are very sorry for your dissatisfaction during your stay. We understand the expectations you had were not met, and with your review, we can only continue to make the changes necessary to improve our service, and keep our guest satisfaction at an all time high. Hopefully, in the near future, you will find it in your heart to give us a second try, where we will not only meet but exceed your expectations. With our renovations coming to a close, you can hope to see completely remodeled bathrooms.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Spent one night here recently. It is a short and easy drive from Plymouth, near a strip mall with a number of stores, a mcdonalds, and a couple of restaurants in easy driving distance. There is a bit of construction going on nearby at the highway entrance, however, this does not impact your stay at the hotel or access; to the contrary, it is extremely easy to get on and off the highway from this location and that is a huge plus as it can be quite a few miles between exits.
The staff at the hotel was friendly, knowledgable and helpful. The rooms are quite generous in size, well equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, TV, easy access WiFi, kingsize beds, nice window exposure, sofa, desk and chairs. The quality of the bedding is excellent, with four pillows, fine sheets and quality mattress. The bathroom, and separate sink area, are functional but could use some updating. The place is clean. My only minor complaint - the rooms were a little difficult to find (if you are located in one of the side hallways) as the numbering down the quite long hallways in not entirely in numerical order. Ask for specific directions to you room. The complimentary breakfast was perfectly fine, with egg sandwiches, waffles, toast, OJ and coffee, muffins, etc. Very good. CH

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Daysinn_Middleboro, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

We are so thrilled that you not only found us to be a clean environment, but also an easily manageable location for your travels. But even better news, the construction is now done, making us even easier for your travels! Make us your home base headquarters for future stays, 15 minutes from Plymouth, and only 2 minutes from the train station into Boston, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Daysinn_Middleboro, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This Days Inn Property in Middleboro MA is really a very nice hotel. It seems to have been recently updated in guest rooms and hallways. The room I had was well appointed with micro/fridge, flat screen television, great work desk, strong WiFi, new comfortable bedding and clean bathroom. The hotel has a crystal clear outdoor pool which I did not use. The continental breakfast was very good with cereal, waffles, muffins and more. This property is only a short ride to the sites of Plymouth MA. The only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 star rating was that I did not find the front desk staff to be overly warm. The early morning desk attendant was very busy reading his book and did not look up to greet anyone unless you engaged him in conversation. All in all a very commendable hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

We are glad you found us to be a good call in your choice of stay! We strive to make our guests feel as though they are at home when they get settled in, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 12, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed at this location as it appears that it is the only choice in the immediate area. I missed the road initially due to construction and poor signage. Check-in was rapid and I was assigned I believe room 232. It was on the second floor on the last hallway to the right after turning left exiting the elevator, and also last room on that wing's side. The room was clean but there was a hair in the bathtub that I intended on getting a relaxing bath in after a long day of travel. I had been up since 3:30 am and was really expecting a nice hot clean bath after a day of driving, shuttle to airport, plane flight, bus ride, train ride and picking up rental car. By this time, early evening, I was so anticipating relaxing in the tub. I met up with family instead for dinner and returned to find that I could not swim in their advertised pool as it was closed. Yes, it was rainy but this is my area's rainy season so it was not an issue for me. My understanding was that the pool was closed for some type of "inspection" . Disappointed yet again. It was nice that the room was equipped with fridge and microwave. My sleep was good. I showered and dressed intending a quick breakfast that they advertised in the lobby before heading for my destination farther on the Cape. I arrived in the lobby at approximately 7:30 for breakfast. I was able to have a cup of cocoa, some toast ( which I had to toast 2x in order to actually "toast"), and some prefab egg and cheese foldover offering. There apparently had been muffins but they were gone and not replaced by the woman being paid to maintain the area. She was very cordial though towards the guests. I did notice what appeared to be what I would describe as "long term residents" exiting the area balancing plates of food towards their rooms. There were a lot of people who appeared to be living there????? I noticed on many occasions during my stay people leaving the hotel and sitting outside to smoke. Yes, there is no smoking inside but I got the distinct impression that these people were not traveling but instead residing here! That was a little creepy and I asked friends/family about it. I commented that there were series of rooms that seemed to be housing for multiple families and the smell of food preparation was present. They suggested that these may be people who are receiving housing as a state benefit?????? OMG...what kind of place was this? And worse, I knew that after attending the memorial service that I had traveled here for I would be returning here to stay another night before my flight home again. I found this whole housing question baffling. For the price, it was a decent place to crash for a night, but to think that they are also providing housing for the State....just plain ludicrous! Whether this is accurate, I did not ask, but I did witness other odd occurrences which I won't comment on further. I would stay here again only as a last resort. I felt it pointless to comment at the front desk as this all seemed to be the norm for them. I later realized that this hotel was part of a chain that I had experienced a less than positive stay at near my local airport a year ago. So I decided to just grin and bear it.

Room Tip: I am sure that there are some......maybe my Irish luck eluded me this trip.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

We are very sorry your stay was not entirely satisfactory, and with this review, we know what needs to be fixed, and how to further improve ourselves

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham
#8 of 9 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
TownePlace Suites Wareham Buzzards Bay
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!