“Poor Customer Service”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Middleboro
MA
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. I swore I would never stay at the hotel again due to poor customer relations with the general manager. I felt there was no real concern for the patrons. The breakfast is also poor.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear fifiMA,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 30, 2012

When I make a reservation at a hotel I make my decision based on the amenities listed on the website. I expected a working pool and spa at this hotel when I arrived after driving from Pennsylvania. They were both out of order and had been for a few days. A simple email stating things were down and had been for a few days would have afforded me the opportunity to change properties. But I digress. The room was clean except do the necktie hidden under the footrest. Bed was comfortable and plenty of hot water in the shower. It also has a fridge and microwave. The walls and ceiling are very thin and I thought the people above we're going to come through the ceiling. Luckily the noise died down when we went to bed and were able to sleep in peace. I will probably skip this place when we return in June for my cousin's graduation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MartyOrt
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear MartyOrt,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide these. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered and we are sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory especially with the information through our website. The valuable feedback we receive from our guests enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
North Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A nice hotel that maintains the HI Express standards.
Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good.
Location was very convenient and easy to find.
We will certainly stay here again when visiting the East Bridgewater, MA area.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room.
1 Thank like2travel1234
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice big rooms in this hotel. We struck a particularly helpful receptionist who gave us very good advice about our bookings. The receptionist on duty the following morning arranged postage of some cards to New Zealand even though she had run out of stamps and couldn't advise us of the cost! Big ups for helpfulness. In view of the room rate we thought that the breakfast was a bit limited. There are both hot and cold options but we have been presented with more choice (porridge oats and waffles for example) at other, less expensive hotels. The coffee was only tepid - a function, no doubt, of the low occupancy on a Sunday night in mid October and our late arrival in the breakfast room. The hotel has a spa - something that attracted us to this hotel, but it was out of service and wasn't repaired during our second day here. Although the outside temperature was only mild, the temperature in the room was over 70 and the air-conditioning unit was right beside the bed. Too much cold air so had to turn it off. The mattress protector was a cloth-covered sheet of plastic! I know that you should expect this on a hospital bed but not in a hotel.Talk about sweat and uncomfortable! I would like to have given this hotel a better rating because of the overall quality of the room and the staff but the little things have let it down.

1 Thank WingerJack
Shutesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a suite with 2 Queen beds. According to the hotel website suites have whirlpools. Our room did not. When we asked about this the front desk clerk said only the king bedded suites have a whirlpool. He did not offer to change our room and I suppose we wouldn't have anyway since we were 2 adults and a 6 year old. Also the hot tub is out of order and has been for a long time. If I had known this one thing I would have booked us at the hotel next door. It is complete misrepresentation on the chain's part to advertise this hotel as having a hot tub. It does not look like it will ever function. We would have stayed at the other property had we known. So right there I am upset and the $40 I got off of my stay from Daralyn when we checked out did not change the fact that I did not get to soak my tired body on Friday night.

Beyond those 2 major things which I feel like all readers of this review should be warned about we found smaller things as well. The wallpaper is peeling off the walls, there are leaks around the showerhead (in room 312), and we found a burned out light bulb and chocolate crumbs in the living room section of our suite. I personally thought there should have been more towels, but whatever.. also the "firm" and "soft" pillows are exactly the same.

At breakfast there is no pancakes or waffles as is common in most places lately. The staff was helping themselves to breakfast at the same time we were there so I guess they must thing it tastes okay anyway. Going next door to Dunkin Donuts is probably a better option, but we survived on toast and coffee.

Now I have to say in the hotel's defense that the staff tries to be responsive. On Friday night I went on Twitter and tweeted many of these issues. A short while later the front desk clerk called our room to ask what he could do to help. My husband and I were surprised by that kind of a response. We assured him that we knew he couldn't fix a hot tub and we feel these issues go beyond anything a desk clerk or Duty Manager can fix. When we checked out in the morning Daralyn was there, and there was even a note she had written in case she missed us. We chatted about our experience and she took $40 off our charge. I got emails and tweets from someone from the hotel chain saying they were glad they could solve our problems, and I fully expect they will respond to this review. SO yes, the staff is nice and tries BUT until they either fix the hot tub or stop advertising they have one, then they lie. We won't be back.

Room Tip: Go next door or go somewhere else along 495.
1 Thank RebeccaMA

Travelers are raving about these Middleboro hotels

Beverly Ma.
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

After some prodding from corporate, and my own sense of fairness being tested, I decided to give the HIE another shot, going with some trepidation, I decided to minimize my out of pocket expenses, and use my reward points, promised by the big wigs, as Mia copa for the last debacle. Unfortunately, those in charge of providing said points, had not as of that date, added the points, fortunately, I had enough accrued to defray the majority of the cost, minus $40, not bad considering the usual bite they put on me at full price. Our story has an actual Super hero, in the name of Kevin, the young night manager on from 3-11pm, on this particular Saturday, who did everything humanly possible, short of flying to corporate to actually retrieve my reward points for me, to no avail, feeling bad that he failed me in his quest, he did something that every employee of this company, should be trained to do in this situation, he upgraded my room to a first floor Jacuzzi suite, and as I was forced to book the room through their own computer, I noticed that my cellphone was dead, Kevin, not missing a beat, brought me a USB charger, So that I might charge my phone enough, to complete the reservation, this only being eclipsed by him bringing me the charged phone to my room, an hour later, so that I didn't have to come back out to the lobby, I should also let it be known, that I'm disabled, with very bad arthritis, in all my leg joints, and spine, and for this young man to make the added effort of delivering said cellphone, was the icing, on a very wonderful cake! I can honestly say, that between the upgrade, and this act of kindness, if this Kid, isn't elevated to some form of upper management, I may lose faith in this company all over again! LOL KUDOS to Kevin, for service above, and beyond the call!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pyrate_by_trade
Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I just wanted to write a little something about my stay at the hotel. the hotel for the most part was great!!!!! this one lady really stood out though her name is Daralyn Covell!!!!! Truthfully if she was not there i really don't think i would stay there! She is VERY PLEASANT and HELPFUL in EVERY aspect!!!!! She definaltly deserves a raise if that's possible. Or even an upgrade in position, because she KNOWS every aspect of the4 hotel!!!! Again Daralyn is a very good employee. I hope she get's something from this review!!!! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Raynham
Courtyard Boston Raynham
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro? Share your experiences!