We had a suite with 2 Queen beds. According to the hotel website suites have whirlpools. Our room did not. When we asked about this the front desk clerk said only the king bedded suites have a whirlpool. He did not offer to change our room and I suppose we wouldn't have anyway since we were 2 adults and a 6 year old. Also the hot tub is out of order and has been for a long time. If I had known this one thing I would have booked us at the hotel next door. It is complete misrepresentation on the chain's part to advertise this hotel as having a hot tub. It does not look like it will ever function. We would have stayed at the other property had we known. So right there I am upset and the $40 I got off of my stay from Daralyn when we checked out did not change the fact that I did not get to soak my tired body on Friday night.
Beyond those 2 major things which I feel like all readers of this review should be warned about we found smaller things as well. The wallpaper is peeling off the walls, there are leaks around the showerhead (in room 312), and we found a burned out light bulb and chocolate crumbs in the living room section of our suite. I personally thought there should have been more towels, but whatever.. also the "firm" and "soft" pillows are exactly the same.
At breakfast there is no pancakes or waffles as is common in most places lately. The staff was helping themselves to breakfast at the same time we were there so I guess they must thing it tastes okay anyway. Going next door to Dunkin Donuts is probably a better option, but we survived on toast and coffee.
Now I have to say in the hotel's defense that the staff tries to be responsive. On Friday night I went on Twitter and tweeted many of these issues. A short while later the front desk clerk called our room to ask what he could do to help. My husband and I were surprised by that kind of a response. We assured him that we knew he couldn't fix a hot tub and we feel these issues go beyond anything a desk clerk or Duty Manager can fix. When we checked out in the morning Daralyn was there, and there was even a note she had written in case she missed us. We chatted about our experience and she took $40 off our charge. I got emails and tweets from someone from the hotel chain saying they were glad they could solve our problems, and I fully expect they will respond to this review. SO yes, the staff is nice and tries BUT until they either fix the hot tub or stop advertising they have one, then they lie. We won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Middleboro Raynham. We are conveniently located in Middleboro, MA at Exit 6 off I-495, 1/8 mile west on US-44, or Exit 13 off Route 24, 4 miles east on US-44. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, we are here to make sure you have a pleasant stay. We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our accommodations, hotel amenities, planning a group stay or event and the surrounding area. We look forward to having you as our guest. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Middleboro / Raynham combines full convenience with unmatched standards of excellence to make your experience comfortable, with well-appointed Guestrooms to enhance your stay. Each of our deluxe guestrooms provides the convenience of a personal office, the comforts of home, and extra touches to help make your stay a pleasant experience. If you're looking for larger accommodations, ask about our Deluxe Guest Suites with the added convenience of a sitting area and wet bar. For the best in luxury or a romantic weekend, try our Whirlpool Suites, which allow you to soak in the tub while watching television! The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Middleboro / Raynham brings you value along with comfort. Each one of our guestrooms contains the Simply Smart Guest Bathroom, Simply Smart Bedding Collection, and include our very own Express Start Hot Breakfast Bar. As our guest, you have access to the business center, guest laundry, fitness room, indoor heated swimming pool and hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro Hotel Middleboro
- Holiday Inn Express Middleboro
- Holiday Inn Middleboro
- Middleboro Holiday Inn