“Second chances, and Super heroes!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Middleboro
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After some prodding from corporate, and my own sense of fairness being tested, I decided to give the HIE another shot, going with some trepidation, I decided to minimize my out of pocket expenses, and use my reward points, promised by the big wigs, as Mia copa for the last debacle. Unfortunately, those in charge of providing said points, had not as of that date, added the points, fortunately, I had enough accrued to defray the majority of the cost, minus $40, not bad considering the usual bite they put on me at full price. Our story has an actual Super hero, in the name of Kevin, the young night manager on from 3-11pm, on this particular Saturday, who did everything humanly possible, short of flying to corporate to actually retrieve my reward points for me, to no avail, feeling bad that he failed me in his quest, he did something that every employee of this company, should be trained to do in this situation, he upgraded my room to a first floor Jacuzzi suite, and as I was forced to book the room through their own computer, I noticed that my cellphone was dead, Kevin, not missing a beat, brought me a USB charger, So that I might charge my phone enough, to complete the reservation, this only being eclipsed by him bringing me the charged phone to my room, an hour later, so that I didn't have to come back out to the lobby, I should also let it be known, that I'm disabled, with very bad arthritis, in all my leg joints, and spine, and for this young man to make the added effort of delivering said cellphone, was the icing, on a very wonderful cake! I can honestly say, that between the upgrade, and this act of kindness, if this Kid, isn't elevated to some form of upper management, I may lose faith in this company all over again! LOL KUDOS to Kevin, for service above, and beyond the call!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pyrate_by_trade

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I just wanted to write a little something about my stay at the hotel. the hotel for the most part was great!!!!! this one lady really stood out though her name is Daralyn Covell!!!!! Truthfully if she was not there i really don't think i would stay there! She is VERY PLEASANT and HELPFUL in EVERY aspect!!!!! She definaltly deserves a raise if that's possible. Or even an upgrade in position, because she KNOWS every aspect of the4 hotel!!!! Again Daralyn is a very good employee. I hope she get's something from this review!!!! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we booked our room at this hotel, I was sure to get a "standard" Holiday Inn room... Clean, affordable and high quality service as we get usualy at HI hotels but here is my objective opinion.

Let start with the pros:
-Strategic location between Boston and Cape Cod and from the Premium outlets.
-Breakfast included
-Check in staff is polite and courteous

The cons:
-Our room smelled smoke (cig. smoke) a lot!!! even for a non smoking room...
-The room was not very clean and maintained
-Noise from the lobby doors (mechanism of the doors) was very disturbing at night
-Expensive for what we got (+$160 per night)
-Could not accommodate us with a rollaway bed even in a suite (??)

My personal opinion:
Good if you want to travel to Boston and Cape Cod in the same trip.
Not good if you are looking for a HI "standard" hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors ... (3rd or more)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 2Wawa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear 2Wawa,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you liked the hotel location, breakfast service as well as our front office staff. I apologize for the shortcomings you had experienced and the inconvenience you experienced with your room accommodation. I am sorry about the noise and the issues with rollaway bed. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. It is our regret that we fell below your expectations. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera M

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place blows. My friend got married in East Bridgewater at The Villa. Not many hotels in the area, this one seemed to be the safest. She requested a king suite. A few of the bridesmaids were staying the night before the wedding and she and her fiance would be staying the night of the wedding. She also specifically requested an iPod compatible radio (we wanted to have music while getting our hair/makeup done in the morning). She arrived to find out that they bumped her into a regular queen room WITH 2 BEDS. Apparently they thought she and her groom should spend their first night as a married couple a la the 50's - in separate beds. Awesome. To make it even better, they bumped her out of the king suite to accommodate an influx of guests arriving for a horse show. Apparently, guests arriving for a horse show needed a nice suite more than a couple of newlyweds... the lady at the front desk said this was because she noticed that 3 people were staying in the room the first night... umm, yeah... the bridesmaids... which she also told them when she made the reservation... which was why we needed the larger room. In this new, small, 2 bedded room, there was also no iPod station, which she was assured they would have for us in the room. We had to go down and ask for one, which the front desk girl went and stole from another room. Again, this place blows.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear ErinDennis,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodations and the poor service you received. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Since my last review of this hotel, the customer service has plummeted, I have been using this hotel for business for years, mainly staying weekends, and how things can go to hell, in just one years time, is almost mind boggling! Last Septmeber, I stayed over a series of 4 weekends, getting a different rate each time, depending on who the manager on duty was! One weekend, I was offered one rate, and charged a higher rate, because the girl working the overnight, didn't know how to do the paperwork, shame on me for not catching her mistake on the receipt, the following weekend, I was given the key card to a third floor room, only I misread the card to be a second floor room, the key card managed to open the door of said mistaken room, and I was none the wiser, UNTIL, at 2:30am, when someone who actually had booked the room, showed up, with his wife, opened the door, and woke me out of dead sleep, imagine the horror on the faces of these unsuspecting people, face to face, with a half dressed, giant of a man, well armed(I never sleep without a weapon!) they apologized, and went back to the desk, in order to get another room! I called down to the desk, and raised the obvious question WTF?? Proceeding down to the lobby, I produced the key card, when I read the number, I realized my mistake, but still was mystified why it would work on a different room door?! When the night manager ran the key card, it didn't go to either room, but to yet a third room, all together! At this point, exhausted, and ready to rip someone's head off, I explained I had no intention on changing rooms at 3am, and after some debate, and facing the specter of a call to her General manager, she finally programmed the right key, to the room I was already in. This coupled with the last minute rate switch, the weekend before, and all this without even a hint of compensation for my trouble, and embarrassment, means that I will be staying at the Fairfield Inn, right next door, for this coming fall!

Room Tip: Go next door!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank pyrate_by_trade
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear pyrate_by_trade,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Convenient location for those on the way to Cape Cod or Newport. Staff was friendly. Room was clean with enough room for 4 of us. Towels were thin and only toiletries were shampoo and conditioner. Small pool with way too much chlorine. Busy hotel, but plenty of room at breakfast and decent food selection.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I made the reservation after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. Front desk clerk was a young man may be a trainee and he was unable to charge my credit card correctly. Next morning I noticed that my room rate was incorrect I had to ask them to fix it. Rooms were not very clean and one of the room had a bad smell.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anjum01
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Anjum01,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Plymouth Middleboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
#3 of 4 in Middleboro
#3 of 3 in Raynham
John Carver Inn & Spa
John Carver Inn & Spa
#6 of 9 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Middleboro Raynham? Share your experiences!