“Just an average Holiday Inn Express located in the middle between Boston and Cape Cod”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Middleboro
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We spend some of our vacation days there to visit Boston and Cape Cod and this location is ideal for that purpose although it's quite a journey to Cape Cod.
General impression: still pretty new but not well maintained, some of the staff unfriendly and unmotivated
Rooms (called "suites"): large and well equipped.
Breakfast lounge: Some of the tables were broken-down, the room was constantly too cold, there was always something which was "not available" today, staff was extremely unfriendly and unmotivated.
"Business corner": one of two computers "temporarily out of order" but the label looked like two years old....
Gym: small and not well equipped

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Searsport, Maine
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stayed for a night on business.. The room was great.. very clean, bright, and welcoming... Nice flat screen TV's and I was treated to a complimentary upgrade to a suite because of my Priority Club membership! What really got me was the staff.. Everyone I spoke with from the front desk to the housekeepers were friendly and helpful. I got a great reccomendation for dinner from the Front Desk staff.. I really enjoyed Lorenzo's for some great Italian food!!! the housekeeping staff even volenteered their services to help with our luggage when they saw me struggling! (recent injury) I really appreciated those small touches!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I recently had ocassion to stay at this facililty on my third leg of a 10 day buisness trip. After a long drive I was greeted with a big smile by the desk clerk- Krissy. Check in was quick , and I had a very nice room. The next morning I was attracted to the breakfast area by the smell of warm cinnamon buns- a great treat - and was very impressed that coffee was made available all day. Thanks to Krissy and the other gals I had a great stay and would absolutely recommend this hotel to my business associates.

Room Tip: Be flexible-
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
New Ipswich, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The room was clean, as expected, but there was no running hot water. When my husband called the front desk, he was told that maintenance would not be in until the next morning. At that time there was no offer of moving us to a different room. That is totally unacceptable!!
He then went personally to the front desk, where he again made a stronger complaint, but still was told that maintenance wouldn't be in until the next day, nor a room change offer.
He obtained a phone number from a business card at the front desk for the director of sales and marketing. He called there and left a voice message, then went back to the front desk, where the desk clerk was on the phone talking to that director of sales.
At that point a replacement room was made available at "no extra charge".
This room supposedly was an upgrade, with a jacuzzi tub. We didn't dare use it, as the jets were dirty looking. The drain lever on the sink in the bathroom was missing, so my husband had to reach under the sink to manually open the drain. The wallpaper in the bathroom was very bubbled. There was a hair dryer bracket on the wall, but no hair dryer.
The next morning we went down for the complimentary breakfast. There was one salt/pepper shaker set for the entire dining area. And then, against one wall was a tilted broken table, that had a sign on it, "caution, table wobbles".
This hotel definitely has some maintenance and customer service issues.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yorkiemama51

Travelers are raving about these Middleboro hotels

Reviewed August 6, 2011

The Holiday Inn chain is prety much middle of the line, or an average hotel chain. This hotel fell well below the average mark. Our stay started with the room a/c being set at 60, it was absolutely freezing in the room. We shut the air off for several hours to normalize the temperature. Next issue was the bathroom sink, very slow to drain, then by morning it would not drain at all. Towels in that were offered in the room were very yellowed, had to request new for am showers.

Went to workout this morning and the tv was on, wanted to change the channel but the changer did not work, thought it was the batteries and went to the desk to get new ones and could not find anyone at the desk at that time...just did without. Next I wanted water during my workout but the water machine bottle wad empty and the cup holder was empty as well.

Time for a shower, turned on the shower and the water went all over the bathroom, literally all over, the shower head connector was very loose and the water went everywhere....no surprise that the wallpaper was molded and peeling off the wall.

Now I think that you could and would expect to not have a perfect stay at a hotel, but this was just nonsense, too may issues!!

I travel quite a bit and know and understand my rights and was truly insulted with my discussion with the General Manager Krissy. I truly believe that a hotel experience such as this warrants a deep discount. Krissy did not agree!! She argued with me about all the issues and did not feel I deserved anything more than 5 percent. The only thing that will do for me is to ensure that I will not stay at Holiday Inns anymore unless I am desperate, desperate, desperate for sleep.

My recommendation to you is to stay at the Fairfield next door or go into Plymouth.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Packmybags2
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and I just stayed here the room was very nice and the hotel staff was very friendly. However, We went to the pool and there was a ball of poop on the floor also the handrail for the hot tub was broken and my wife almost fell getting in. The breakfast area was very nice But, the breakfast itself was poor. The OJ and cranberry juice was flavored water. The bacon, omlets and boiled eggs were constantly out. as was the cinnamon buns and coffee. It wasn't that busy that everything couldn't be kept full.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sightseer59
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Whether you put a tag on door like I did, or not... the maids enter and look around! you could be in bed, shower, whatever... Two years ago, I was in shower, heard someone enter room.... then run out when I screamed!!! I swore I'd never return, but I did.... and the same thing! This time, maid was in room watching TV, beds all stripped... at 9:00am (I paid for room til noon!) She goes toe to toe w/me while I'm on phone w/front desk!! I had to make up bed myself to get a lil more shuteye. I left, checked into Fairfield Inn across the street.... now that's a classy hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Raynham
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Middleboro? Share your experiences!