“Good hearty Italian fare”

Lorenzo's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 50 Restaurants in Middleboro
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brockton, MA
“Good hearty Italian fare”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Lorenzo's is a really good Italian Restaurant.
All their pastas are cooked perfectly with a sauce that isn't too sweet or salty.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Karla221

Assonet, Massachusetts
“Not in a rush to return”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have visisted Lorenzo's twice this summer for lunch with co-workers. It's acceptable but not one of my favorites in the area and I am not in a rush to return. The first time I had a garden salad with grilled chicken. It was rather small, especially for the cost.The second time I had the chicken marsala - expecting a traditional marsala sauce. However, the sauce definitely has tomato/onions in it (it is reddish, not brown). I've certainly had better and will not be ordering it again when/if I return. Our service both visits was good and the waitresses were nice and attentive. However, the inside looks rather run down and could use some updating. On both occasions we were the youngest people in the restaurant (the remainder of the patrons were beyond retirement age). Overall I am not in a rush to return especially with some of the other options that are in the area. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't outstanding and was more expensive than I expected.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank courtbright
Starkville, Mississippi
“Showing its age”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Visited on a Sunday afternoon in June 2014. The lady at the front was eating a cup of Minestrone soup. I don't like to see staff eating in front of customers. There was some tape on the floor to fix some torn carpet. The whole place is a little shabby, needs cleaning and refreshing.

That being said, I had a cup of minestrone, an Italian grinder, and some grapenut pudding for dessert, all were tasty. So the food is still good. It always has been.

One other comment, I am in my mid-fifties, and everyone else in the restaurant was older than me. Time to change something to get some younger customers.

• Visited June 2014
Pembroke, Massachusetts
“Bland and dissatisfying”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Furthest thing from Italian. The sauce was horrendous and the pasta overcooked. Service was awful and the food was worse than a school lunch. I'll never bother visiting again.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Tim M
Middleboro, Massachusetts
“My wife's favorite place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

They have great deals where you can get dinner for very low cost. Yet, the food is pretty good. They have a decent wine selection too. A good place to take the family. I have never been disappointed with anything I have eaten here.

• Visited February 2014