“Never a bad meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Never a bad meal”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Enjoyed the atmosphere. Feels like your visiting your friends for dinner. Never a bad meal.

Visited December 2010
2 Thank OghamStone

Greater London, United Kingdom
“OK food - Inefficient service”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This was not my first visit to Lorenzo's but will probably be my last. It took the waitress 20 minutes before taking our order and when she did, she left an old bread basket that she had picked up while cleaning off another party, on our table. When we pointed this out to her, she seemed a bit put out. My friend asked if she could order a hot chocolate and was told "it's not in season". Are you kidding me...it was November. Upon hearing another patron request the hot chocolate, we asked her if she could please check again; sure enough a hot chocolate was brought out. I ordered the eggplant parm, which was ok but could have used a bit spicing up. My friend did enjoy her stuffed peppers, though. We were not offered a salad or soup as a starter or asked if we would like an appetizer. The only appealing thing about Lorenzo's is it is local, but you can get better food at Hideaway or Dave's - also located in Middleboro.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank travelgirl516
Marine City, MI
“ok italian food”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is a nice place if you are just looking to get out for a dinner. Nothing special about the food but not as bad as others. The chicken parm was good.

• Visited July 2011
“Delicious Subs!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I haven't sat in here for dinner yet but I did however go to the takeout area for some subs. My friends and I wanted to try a new place to get some subs before the game and decided on Lorenzo's. I called ahead and between the four of us we ordered 2 meatball subs, and italian sausage sub, and an italian cold cut with everything, and my wife ordered the linguine with whit clam sauce. I live close by so I took a ride with my buddy to get the food. The pleasant woman who answered the phone told me about 15 minutes. There is a large restaurant area and a patio type area to eat, then there is a pickup area inside to place orders and pick up food. Upon our arrival our food was ready. The cashier girl working the window was very friendly. She said she put some extra bread and grated cheese in the bag. The bill wasn't that bad at all (about $8.00 per sub and $11.00 for the linguine) considering you pay that much for a sub at D'angelo. When we got back to my house I noticed the sub roll looked to be freshly made and the meatballs were huge and smothered in provolone cheese and marinara. My pal and I traded a half for a half and I took half his sausage sub, same thing as the meatball sub except he had green onions and peppers on his piled on a huge amount of sliced italian sausage. In short, the subs were hot, fresh, and absolutely fantastic. The linguine was fabulous too. Can't really speak on dining inside but we will definately order take out again.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank mjjf77
Auburn,MA
“A fall from high expectations.”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

This is my first review ever. I had to write a review because my expectations were smashed by my experience at Lorenzo's.

I'd gone on Tripadvisor to look for reviews and also a local site. There were several reviews for Lorenzo's, some great and some less than great. I was trying to select a restaurant in the town of Middleborough as my parents just became residents and I'd sold them their house. It was a victory occasion and I really wanted to have a nice experience.

My first impression of Lorenzo's Italian Restaurant did not match up with the picture I had in my head. It looked like a pizza joint and much smaller than I'd expected. Not a problem. Some of the best places are smaller places and in deed when we went inside there was a full dining room. Faith restored.

One of the recurring comments I'd read was regarding the "stuffiness" of the wait staff and hostess. Since this is a highly subjective thing to assess I decided to be on high alert for signs of warmth and friendliness.

A smileless woman, came to the front lobby...raised her eye to acknowledge our presence but apparently needed to tend to something in the appointment book before she could give us a warm welcome.

In fact...she didn't give us a warm welcome at all. Just a "Hi...How many?" and then she whisked us off to be seated. She gave us a choice of a booth or a table. We selected the booth because we thought it would be a more intimate atmosphere. Well, we were right because the benches were very short. Enough room for two people in each but we needed to stuff our coats between us since their was no place to hang them.

Not a big deal. At least we were seated quickly, our drink orders were taken promptly and we were getting to the part where Lorenzos had received some terrific reviews ... it's food. The only thing negative comment I'd red was regarding their red sauce dishes. (supposedly tomato pasty in flavor but I can't substantiate that.) I knew I was ordering fettucini alfredo so I wasn't worried. However I did give my Mom Dad and my wife a heads up. My dad ended up having baked lasagna and said it was delicious. My alfredo was excellent and when I had asked for the chicken on top to be blackened it came blackened and spiced. it was delicious! My wife satisfied her craving for fried scallops and my mother loved her fish and chips.

So if you judge a restaraunt solely by its food then Lorenzo's is a strong contender and a place you should visit.

No, I can't say anything bad about the food but the waiter was terrible. He was nice enough and I could tell he wanted to be efficient. He asked the right questions to tend to our needs but HE JUST COULDN'T DELIVER. Everything fell apart for him after he brought our meals. He offered to heat up my mother's coffee for her and never came back with a pot of coffee or a new cup. He asked me if I wanted another martini and I said "sure". And it sat on the bar waiting for me but was never delivered to the table. He'd forgotten to bring me the martini but astonishingly he didn't forget to charge me for it.. Thank god my wife has the eagle eye and can spot things like that immediately. .

I called him over and pointed it out to him. He was apologetic and I knew it was an honest mistake. He brought the revised bill I signed it and left (yes) a 20% tip in cash on the table. It's important to note that at this point I wasn't of poor opinion of Lorenzos. I just left with the waiter's screw up on my mind.

We put on our coats. The ladies used the rest room which they said were very clean, and we left.

Now here's the part that forced me to write this review. The following day my wife checked the bank statement and Lorenzos had increased the charge against our credit card by 20 dollars. My wife was livid. She called me to tell me to write the review and called Lorenzos herself to dispute the charge. They checked the records...found their error and willingly refunded the difference but how does that happen?!

A restaurant becomes one of your favorite dining establishments when it consistently impresses you and makes you feel welcome. I didn't get that feeling from Lorenzos.

• Visited February 2011