“There are better options in the area”
Review of Fireside Grille

Fireside Grille
Ranked #7 of 50 Restaurants in Middleboro
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went here for lunch with a coworker and was terribly disappointed. I have been here a few times, and it seems that it has gotten worse over the past two years. Which is sad, because I recently attended a birthday party in their function room and had a great time and great food, but the restaurant area is lacking. For lunch, they sat us on the bar side in a booth. It was very poorly lit, I don't recommend sitting over there if darkness bothers you or if you like to get a good look at your meal. The service at lunch was slow. We waited ten minutes from the time Elisabeth dropped off our check to when she came back to take our money and get us change. Also, I was charged for an item I didn't eat - I originally ordered the soup and salad. When the soup arrived, it was not what I was expecting nor what Elisabeth described to me. I told her that it wasn't what I expected and asked to change my order as I didn't plan on eating it. She seemed upset by this, not sure why. Then, I was charged $4.00 on the bill for a "MISCELLANEOUS FOOD ITEM" that I assume was the soup I didn't eat. Rather than argue about this we just paid the bill and left. I didn't feel like wasting an additional ten minutes waiting for her to go back and discuss this or speak to her manager about it. Overall I would not recommend going here for lunch in the future. There are many other restaurants in the area with better service and food.

2  Thank epbcabtab

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We are regulars at the Fireside, and I feel bad giving it only 3 stars, but having gone there 2 times a month for many years, on Halloween night, 2013, we went and were treated to the most outrageous service at the bar we have ever experienced. There were two bartenders, a male and female, on duty serving 8 patrons (a slow night). My wife and I ordered the same drink, vodka with a splash of soda. This is the same drink we have ordered for years. The male bartender, after several minutes, returned with two eye droppers of drink in a snifter with a lot of ice. Honestly, not two fingers of liquid total, with ice. Okay, so he must be new since we've never seen him before, so we give him the benefit of the doubt. We order two more in a bit and the same thing. No problem. That's the way he makes them and we will never have him make us another drink. So now we are almost done with our second Dixie Cup size drink and I'm ready to pay the bill. We usually eat at the bar, but no way I'm giving these two a decent tip. I usually tip 30% for good service. So I'm ready to pay and the female, who has now been engaged in a conversation with a patron for 10 minutes continues telling the poor soul all about her ills. Finally, after sitting there with my money out for 5 minutes my wife says "Excuse me, but could we pay?" The female turns, looks at us, and snatches the money out of my hand without saying a word. She cashes us out and returns with the change. My wife takes the change and says "Thank you." At which point the female responds, "No problem." Then, she turns to the patron she was having the conversation with and says, "Sorry about that." Gee girl. We're sorry we had to interrupt your conversation to pay our bill. If I see those two tending bar I will walk out immediately, and I recommend you do the same.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

About 10 years ago I took my wife and the lady who lived with my father-in-law and her daughter to Cape Cod for a 10 day trip. we enjoyed dinner at this restaurant one of the evenings. WAS AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE. We all loved it and really enjoyed the atmoshere , was a cool damp night and the fireplace was on and reallytook the chill of an October evening . We still talk about the trip and this place - would recommend it to anybody . ENJOY

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our group was smaller this month but 12 of us headed to The Fireside Grille in Middleboro and were led to a nice table in the rear dining room as I had requested. The menu is quite varied and there were a few specials. Our server Stephanie was amazing and engaged us in conversation, explained the specials, answered our questions and even made us laugh. My husband orderd the French Onion soup as did 2 other diners and they all said it was good but was lacking the ooey gooey cheeseyness.
Along with his soup he ordered the nachos as his meal and when it arrived we were all amazed at the size! Definitely enough for a hearty eater! Two of us ordered the baby back ribs which were delicious and the mashed potatoes and butternut sqaush that accompanied mine were both yummy. The chicken Marsala, Cheeseburger and Flatbread Pizzas and Clam Strips satisfied everyone's appetite. We were surprised that whole bellied clams are not offered. A few of us ordered desserts and again the portions were very generous. Moulton Lava Cake, an ice cream sundae and the Profiteroles were all large enough for sharing. We saw the mile high chocolate fudge cake pass our table on the way to another diner and it too was a very large portion. We had experienced some inconsistencies with the food at The Fireside in the past but not so this time around. All in all it was a nice evening and we will visit again.

1  Thank FQRB
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stopped on a Sunday for a late lunch. The menu had lots of choices and they also offered a 3 course meal for 12.99. There were about 4-5 choices for this special and since none of them appealed to us we ordered off the regular menu. The prices were high in my opinion, although the portions were plentiful. Presentation is everything when it comes to food and in this department they could improve. All of our meals were just average, nothing out of the ordinary but certainly OK. We weren't overly hungry so skipped the appetizers and desserts. The place is large and can accommodate groups without a problem. They also accommodate families with small children easily.