“Cranberry Pond”

On Cranberry Pond Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Middleboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a wonderful weekend at this terrific B&B. Jeannine makes a breakfast that is out of this world. She was very accommodating in making special breakfasts because of my food allergies. The B&B is spotless,homey and the location in the middle of a bog is outstanding Jeannine her husband Ken and housekeeper Charlene do an outstanding job.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for On Cranberry Pond Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had an excellent stay and the inn-keepers prepared amazing food for us. Also did me a huge favor and put together a batch of chocolate brownies for our arrival... made the gf happy! The entire place, including our room, were spotless and well-stocked with the expected amenities. Made for a great weekend away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We discovered this little gem when we decided we wanted to learn more about Massachusetts cranberries - see a harvest, the colors, the locations, and the people involved. This bed and breakfast was a perfect spot to begin.

First, let me start by saying I shy away from Inns and boutique hotels where I feel the need to talk to others, interact with others, or in any way bond with others. We chose this B&B because it was on a cranberry bog.

There are so many things right with this B&B it's hard to name a "first" so I'll start with the location:
easy enough to find, on a pretty little parcel with a hope garden, pond, fire pit and of course 2 cranberry bogs - one with water and one almost ready to be flooded for harvesting (my terminology is still rudimentary). There were trails to walk too.

B&B:
Walking in felt like walking into a loved one’s home. Welcoming, warm, friendly. The other guests easy to talk to and the owner, Jeanine was lively, energetic, nice, accommodating, and easy to talk to. I don't warm up to people I don't know quickly, so the fact that I found myself in a 2 hour conversation that I didn't want to end is a testament to how warm and friendly the house was. I felt like we were at a dear old friends house on a visit, I've never been more pleased with atmosphere than here.

Room:
We had the Cranberry room - we loved it. The bed was comfortable and the sheets nice quality. Clean, neat, and welcoming. From the wine glasses to the coffee keurig to the deck overlooking the bog. Waking up to nature was such a treat for us.

Breakfast:
I'm a difficult eater - celiac and dairy free. I woke up to one of the most delicious gluten and dairy free blueberry muffins I've ever had. Eggs right from the chicken - scrambled though since I like my eggs cooked, and a fruit salad of fresh fruit. Coffee and a couple varieties of cranberry juice. Everything made to order and fresh. I felt so spoiled. My husband had oatmeal mixed with dates and other goodies - all homemade and fresh, and on the second morning he had pancakes like nothing he's eaten before.

All in all, we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PickledOlive
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked 'On Cranberry Pond' for our last four nights of a hectic two week tour of New England. The booking turned out to be the highlight of the trip and on reflection, we should not have been surprised, as the level of friendly service you receive when making the booking and the response to any subsequent questions leave you in no doubt that you made the right choice. On arrival you are greeted with the cheeriest of smiles, like you are an old friend and you cannot help but hit it off with Jeannine & Ken - it really will not matter which one you meet first!
The B&B is beautifully furnished, with plenty of space in both the private and public areas. If you require any help or advice on anything in the area Jeannine & Ken seem to have all of the answers, they certainly did for all of our questions. Our room was spotlessly clean (thank you Charlene) and wanted for nothing - in fact if there was something you needed, you just had to ask.
Turning to the breakfast part, well you just have to experience it to believe it. You could not complain about your breakfast, as virtually the first words on the subject from Jeannine was to ask if there was anything in particular we would like her to make for us. We left the choice of breakfast entirely to Jeannine and was never disappointed - if you are really lucky you will get to taste her 'eggs benedict' - exquisite!!!!
It is not often that we think about making a return visit to any accommodation (as we like to explore new accommodation on our travels), but without a doubt we would re-visit 'On Cranberry Pond' and would highly recommend it to family, friends and even strangers. We would go as far as to say this is probably one of the best accommodation experiences we have ever had.

Room Tip: Room 3 - Cranberry Room gives an excellent view of the cranberry bog, with your own private outside...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My parents come over from the UK to visit often. Our house is a bit cramped for space so we looked for a place close by. This little B&B is in a perfect location. The grounds are beautiful, rooms spacious and clean. The staff are very kind and knowledgable about the area.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We couldn't have asked for a lovelier locale: from beautiful inn, to lily pad-covered pond, working cranberry bog, geese, deer & other scenic views. The B&B's location is within driving distance of all sorts of historical sites; & the train into Boston is nearby. .The hospitality extended by Jeannine & Ken was outstanding, without being intrusive. Jeannine's culinary expertise made each morning's breakfast a real treat; & her use of cranberries was amazing. We definitely hope to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Two of us stayed in the Rose Room, which is the smallest room. The other rooms had more space, sometimes an extra little room, for more $$. We were the only ones there the night we stayed. Absolutely lovely. We wandered through the woods and around the ponds, stopping by the cranberry bog. And the most amazing hummingbird display was our evening entertainment! At least a dozen ruby-throated hummers fed on two feeders on the porch, while we sat just feet away, for over an hour. Good pizza at the Center Cafe in the middle of Middleboro. This B&B was filled with kitschy stuff, but the owner and the manager (who did the cooking) were friendly and unobtrusive. Quiet and nice. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleboro
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor
#3 of 4 in Middleboro
John Carver Inn & Spa
John Carver Inn & Spa
#6 of 9 in Plymouth

Been to On Cranberry Pond Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!