“Sweetheart deal”

Ranked #50 of 123 Restaurants in Methuen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I live this restaurant and visit often. If you like large crowds and tv entertainment this is not for you. However it's low ceiling smaller dining area is very relaxing and you can actually have a conversation. It is a bit more quaint than a chain restaurant but if you are looking for a more comfortable and relaxing dinner without all the hustle this is the place. The portions are right and there are plenty of options. Drinks are a bit pricey but they are good. I recommend this for smaller groups though hey have a larger area available. I will always have this place in mind when thinking of going out to dinner.

There are newer reviews for Sweetheart Inn

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Interesting because it is plunked in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Food is ok. A very local place. The small bar feels like someone's basement bar.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We have visited this resturant on numerous occasions and thing have always been pretty good with some minor issues. First off this place is so clean, and the atomosphere is great. The staff is pretty good for the most part depending on who you get. We got our drinks after waiting 10 mins, (not to bad I guess) then had some rolls with our soups. The soups were terrific, but after that waiting for our entrees seemed like forever. We asked for more rolls, which we had asked 3 times before we actually got them. I had ordered roasted chicken, rice pilaf. My husband ordered baked haddock with a baked potato. The plates finally came and were wrong, so the waitress grabbed my fork and pushed the rice off his plate and onto mine,,hmmmmm well ok. The rice was ice cold as my husband even tried it, the chicken was so darn dry so all I ate was the dark meat . My husbands baked haddock was no more than a 5 inch piece that tasted so plain he said, He very seldom complains about anything mind you. One would have thought that when the waitress came and took our plates away, hardly anything eaten off mine she would have asked if everything was ok. My husband loves homemade bread pudding which they had but his words, ater this I am afraid to order it, We left very hungry and disappointed in the entire visit. We honestly dont care if we ever visit again.

1  Thank CherylK752
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Service was very slow, as it usually is. Waited for drinks. When we were finally served our entree the waitress realized the chef had sent the wrong steak. Sorry, I'll get your right order,it will be about 10-15 minutes,was the reply. My wife ordered crab encrusted haddock,which turned out to be ordinary bread crumbs. The lighting is rather dim so I could not see the steak,but I trusted it would be what I ordered. Wrong. The waitress was mostly unsympathetic when my wife said the steak was probably an end cut. On the way out I told the waitress that my wife really didn't understand how bad the steak really was,and I again said it was an end cut with considerable gristle. SORRY.

4  Thank philip J
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I visited the Sweetheart Inn with some friends from Haverhill.We were over from Ireland on a trip and I can safely say it was one of the highlights of our trip.The owner Mike was hilarous and his good wife Lee Anne and all the staff were courteous and friendly.Food was tasty and well presented,a big well done to all concerned.Beidh me arais(I will be back).

1  Thank Bendel36

Been to Sweetheart Inn? Share your experiences!