“Not your Average food.”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 122 Restaurants in Methuen
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The restrauant is well list and easy to find in the Loop off Rt 213 in Methuen. Food is good, staff is nice and the service was good. Good menu selections.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Good selection on the menu- fun atmosphere. We had a burger and chicken quesadilla. The burger was about $10 and my quesadilla was $9.50- it was from the appetizer menu. The herbal bread with the garlic, parmesan spiced olive oil to start was good.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was travelling on business and Not Your Average Joe's was suggested by my client. I was pretty impressed with the place. You would not expect that the place would be as good as it was. For some reason, Android GPS dropped me at the main intersection and not at the door, most likely because it is in a strip mall. The sign was a little hard to read, it looked like a Panera from the parking lot. As I got closer I could see the ample bar...definitely not a Panera.

The place has a funky retro vibe and a nice row of taps that had some decent craft brews. I was actually impressed that the waitress said "Craft Brew", I knew I was in a good place. They started us with a focaccia and a dipping oil that was awesome. I was glad I was meeting the same client the next day so when the garlic was oozing out of my pores, it wouldn't be just me. They have a great menu that changes seasonally. I had the Oxtail Stroghanoff and it was good. The oxtail was gamey in some chunks and less so in others. There was a lot of onions in the dish and I do not like onions, so I wish it was more prominent on the menu description.

I would have given the restaurant a much better review overall had it not been for the last five minutes of my stay. As the night went on and it started getting late and the staff started cleaning up. Someone had placed a broom and dustpan against the wall next to a banquette. Had they not done that, this review would have been much better. Because, had they not done that I would not have seen the MOUSE run out from under the banquette and out onto the dining floor on its way to the kitchen. From the size I would say he was a pretty well fed mouse and certainly knew his way to the kitchen without the obstacles in his way. I have worked in Hotels so I am not naive enough to think that kind of thing doesn't happen in commercial kitchens. Doesn't mean I like it either.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is my and my husband's go-to restaurant when we can't decide where to go. The food is great, especially for the price. The location is great with shopping nearby. There's even outdoor seating which is great in the nice weather.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Good food and good service. I really enjoyed myself and plan to go back soon. It was worth the trip.