“Rigid Rules”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Vero Beach, Florida
“Rigid Rules”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The food was pretty good the drinks were good. I wanted to get a variety of tacos. Three come with a meal. They refused to honor my request. I thought it was foolish. Had three fish taco, they were pretty good.
They don't take the Discover Card for payment. 5% off restraunts now.

Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Worse Than Average”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We went here a couple months ago and were not impressed with food at all. My wife is half mexican, so we have tried most of the cantinas within 50 miles. We know the cuisine. The flavors were confused or just not there, and all our dishes were sent back. Best thing was the dogfish head on tap.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Matty2999
Boston, Massachusetts
“More Authentic than 90% of Mexican Restaurants around”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'll just say a few things:
- The Margarita's were NOT from a mix, and they were excellent !!!
- The wait person was awesome !!!
- The decor wasn't great, but it was a Bugaboo Creek before so I'll give 'em a break. Just didn't feel 'festive' (not that it really should, but that's the feeling I had).
- Chips and Salsa reminded me of Restaurants in Texas (or even San Diego), not the Northeast
- The Entree I had (enchilada) was very good, but not excellent (a bit over sauced). This is the main reason it's a 4 star and not a 5 star

I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially considering the other choices in this area!

1 Thank MyGirlsDaddy
MA
“Needs some work”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

regardless of not so good reviews we decided to give it a shot. Service was good although we heard the girl who sat the couple behind us made it a point to tell them some of the favorites and where the drink menu was...which was ON the table but we hadn't looked at it until after the waiter brought our drinks (and we would have ordered off that rather than the limited drinks (margaritas) on the menu with the food but in any event the gentleman just sat us and never said another word ...the food was good but it was far from hot. There were no specials and a very limited menu. We got enchiladas and a burrito because nothing else interested us. Would I go back? Maybe but maybe not. there should be NO reason for barely warm food with hardly anyone in the restaurant but that's a kitchen issue. and if the parking lot looks full I'm guessing it's because when we went we saw people parking there and walking to the loop

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank jltmet56
North Andover, Massachusetts
“First time, intrigued by website”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Not a 5 star place but hubby and I agreed we would come again. By the looks of the parking lot (which appeared FULL), we weren't going to go in but hubby scoped it out while I parked. We sat at the bar - which was huge. The service was a bit slow and we couldn't quite tell who our waiter was because several people served us. Not sure if the bartenders cover for one another for those dining at the bar? We're not drinkers so can't vouch for the drinks but hubby had the chile rubbed pork lion and I had the baha fish tacos. His pork was very tender and he enjoyed his dish, my fish tacos were very good but my rice and black beans were bland (which was OK with me because I'm not a spicy person but if one enjoys spice, there was none) and the sides luke warm :-(. My dish would have been much better if both sides were hot. Overall, not a bad meal...about $33 before tip, no drinks. The place never completely filled up but it seemed busy. The bar was comfortable, spacious and not too loud. The servers were friendly but not overly attentive. Sitting right at the bar, you would think my water would have been refilled at some point??? We'd give it another try!