“Needs some work”
Review of Santana Rae's - CLOSED

Santana Rae's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 11, 2014

regardless of not so good reviews we decided to give it a shot. Service was good although we heard the girl who sat the couple behind us made it a point to tell them some of the favorites and where the drink menu was...which was ON the table but we hadn't looked at it until after the waiter brought our drinks (and we would have ordered off that rather than the limited drinks (margaritas) on the menu with the food but in any event the gentleman just sat us and never said another word ...the food was good but it was far from hot. There were no specials and a very limited menu. We got enchiladas and a burrito because nothing else interested us. Would I go back? Maybe but maybe not. there should be NO reason for barely warm food with hardly anyone in the restaurant but that's a kitchen issue. and if the parking lot looks full I'm guessing it's because when we went we saw people parking there and walking to the loop

1  Thank jltmet56

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Not a 5 star place but hubby and I agreed we would come again. By the looks of the parking lot (which appeared FULL), we weren't going to go in but hubby scoped it out while I parked. We sat at the bar - which was huge. The service was a bit slow and we couldn't quite tell who our waiter was because several people served us. Not sure if the bartenders cover for one another for those dining at the bar? We're not drinkers so can't vouch for the drinks but hubby had the chile rubbed pork lion and I had the baha fish tacos. His pork was very tender and he enjoyed his dish, my fish tacos were very good but my rice and black beans were bland (which was OK with me because I'm not a spicy person but if one enjoys spice, there was none) and the sides luke warm :-(. My dish would have been much better if both sides were hot. Overall, not a bad meal...about $33 before tip, no drinks. The place never completely filled up but it seemed busy. The bar was comfortable, spacious and not too loud. The servers were friendly but not overly attentive. Sitting right at the bar, you would think my water would have been refilled at some point??? We'd give it another try!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by our first visit to Santana Rae’s. Thinking the last thing this area needs is another taco joint, we were greeted with an extensive list of tequilas, handcrafted margaritas (from kicked up spicy to my favorite the lime in the coconut), and a menu with unique selections of Mexican food. Some may be put off as it’s a bit fancier (don’t expect a sloppy combo plate here) and a bit pricier but the quality earns that right. My husband and I had the guacamole, cod Veracruz and Burritos, all were fresh and a good size portions. The bar staff were friendly, attentive and very knowledgeable about drinks, as well as, food. A definite visit will be in our very near future.