“Best wine list around”
Review of Prelude Restaurant - CLOSED

Prelude Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Prelude is a small fine cuisine restaurant that focuses on
Atkinson, New Hampshire
“Best wine list around”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Tried Prelude for the first time on a mid-week evening to avoid the crowd, and really enjoyed our experience. Nice range of menu choices, but I was most impressed with their broad selection of wines by the glass and at reasonable bottle prices. Our server recommend an excellent Cab that went well with our entrees, and even offered us a generous sample to help our decision. I was also impressed with a very nice selection of appetizers. All apparently made to order by the chef. No frozen mozzarella sticks to be found here! And most appetizers were very reasonably priced. Many restaurants seem to feel that people ordering them are less price sensitive, and take advantage with high prices approaching that of an entrée. Not Prelude. Excellent service and a staff that obviously cares about their customer's dinning experience.

Visited March 2013

NH
“oh so good”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've been to this place SEVERAL times. I can not express how GOOD the food is. The fried tomato salad is to die for...i get it every single time I go. Never had a bad experience. The owner is very friendly and attentive (it's a nice tough). The place is small so reservations are a must but try a night during the week and you'll be able to walk right in. Drink are fabulous too! Their appetizers are all great so I usually just get a few different things to sample...cant say enough good things about this place. I hope they NEVER go away.

• Visited January 2013
Southern NH
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was great. I didn't care for the calamari, but I'm still giving it a 5 because it just wasn't for my taste buds.
My boyfriend had the pork shank. It was very tasty. I had the filet and it was one of the best I've had. The server was very personable and attentive. The owner came over to say hello which I think is great for any restaurant.

“Very Happy We Tried Prelude”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very cool place where you can enjoy a great meal and good wine in an unpretentious setting. Tommy, the owner is very involved and very interested in his guests enjoying themselves. I had a pork shank that was excellent and my wife had a fried green tomato salad with the pumpkin ravioli appetizer for her meal, both looked and tasted great. The bar was full of people that seemed to be regulars and I can see why they are. Picture A small neighborhood joint in the city that people walk to 3 or 4 times a week for dinner or an app and you have an idea what Prelude seems to be. My wife and I will be back! Oh, our waiter ( forgot his name) was really helpful and pleasant too!

“Food awesome, ambiance not so much”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The food was out of this world. The chef is out on the floor checking on everyone. The ambiance is loud and not romantic. I'm going back but for take out. The fried tomato salad is great. Chicken wings best I've had.