“Nice new restaurant in Methuen”
Review of Prelude Restaurant - CLOSED

Prelude Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Prelude is a small fine cuisine restaurant that focuses on
New Castle, New Hampshire
“Nice new restaurant in Methuen”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We've been here a few times as it's not too far from our house and I really don't like cooking for myself and the hubby :) The chef at this restaurant is very accomodating to his patrons. If you would like to switch accompaniments there's no problem with that. Everything is cooked fresh and with many local ingredients. Gourmet choices of food that change with the seasons. Great wait staff! Small, perhaps intimate but also a very clean restaurant. Their 3 course dinner for 2 for $40.00 on Tuesdays is a really great deal.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Weeeeeee

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went here first for our anniversary a few months ago, then returned recently with friends. I recommend it for anyone in the area that is looking for a locally-owned restaurant with more interesting offerings than most restaurants in this area. The menu is upscale in quality with emphasis on presentation and use of fresh ingredients, at reasonable prices compared to similar restaurants closer to Boston. The place is small, perhaps a little noisy to be considered romantic, but once inside you immediately forget that you are in the same building as a Dunkin's! Highlights of our meal were the lobster-avocado salad and the filet which my friend said was excellent. My husband and I had the red-snapper special which was quite tasty.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kathryn C
Salem, New Hampshire
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We went here because we were intrigued and wanted to try a new place. its a little upscale for the location but we really liked it. Its a little small inside (intimate is a good word!), Its nicely appointed with a small bar area near the front that was doing a brisk business the night we went. The menu is somewhat gourmet but not overly so. The prices are moderate. If you want inexpensive food, stick to McDonalds!
We had an appetizer called Lobster Fria which was lobster meat, avocado relish and mango puree. It was very fresh and tasty and came with a couple of corn chips to hold the avocado. I had the shrimp scampi with squid ink pasta, very unusual and tasty. The pasta was black but with only a hint of unusual flavor. I enjoyed it very much. My date had the lobster manicotti, which was two large manicottis (home made pasta), stuffed with lobster and dressed with a red cream sauce. I sampled it, he gobbled it up and really enjoyed it. We also had pomegranate iced tea, very delicious.
The bread was warm and tasty, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was intimate. All in all a very nice meal.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Lois B
NH
“Not the best location but pretty good food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Small in size, probably 10 bar stools and 3 high tables. Loud the night we went. Bartender had his hands full but made sure to keep our drinks coming.
I had the lobster appetizer. I would go back for sure just for this. My husband had the steak tips cooked to perfection as he put it. Our friends had the same.
Another time I went, my girlfriend and I split the salmon and mashed. Needless to say it was a very small order, smaller than some tapas orders. The cost is a little overprised and I hope they have more specials or get involved with LivingSocial deals.

• Visited June 2012
“Tucked behind a Dumkin' Donuts, Prelude is a pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Although the location (next to/behind a DD depending on how u see it) and the upscale Denny's ambiance of the main dining room made us wonder what my business partner was getting us into, we thoroughly enjoyed Prelude and will return. The bar-area is cozy and friendly. The owner and servers terrific, engaging and fun. Found a really solid Amarone for $60 and dinner was delicious. Ignore the approach and try it!

1 Thank Slowhand54