“Terrible Front Desk Service”

Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Methuen
“Terrible Front Desk Service”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were staying for 1 night and decided to stay here based on location, indoor heated pool and free hot breakfast and mildly price.

We had the hotel coupon book but the coupon is only valid sun-thu and we were staying Saturday. Last night in fact. We arrived approx 630p.

I walked in with the coupon and was greeted (I use the term loosely) by a stone faced Kim who told me that they have limited rooms available. She was not particularly rude but definitely not a friendly front desk face that I'm used to. Also her family was sitting in the lobby eating McDonald's which and the lobby stunk of French fries. And the child was running around while Kim was yelling at them while we were checking in. Pleasant! We should have left then but were tired.

We decided to stay and went to the room. It's fine, it was a smoking room so there were burn holes everywhere.

We went to go to the pool and could not get in with our key. We went to the front desk and asked Kim how to get in and she told us the door was broken so the pool was closed. She did not tell us this at check in and there was nothing she would do.

Then, we went to ask for a spoon and walked up to the front desk and stood there while Kim was on the phone talking to who we would assume was her boss screaming about "these bit**s upstairs who were complaining that there was no hot water and they wanted and refund" she saw me standing there and kept screaming. I said did I hear there's no hot water, and she miserably confirmed this and I too asked for some credit we had been walking all day and wanted to take a shower especially since she wouldn't unlock the pool. And she said I'm only the front desk.

Wow I can't believe she is a front desk person. I work in customer service and if any of my employees acted like this they would be gone. It was 99.99 and not worth it at all terrible, terrible, terrible.!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mystic
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Front desk staff were personable and friendly - a delightful experience! Many kudos!!
Television! Wow! Management decided Sports channels not needed. No Red Sox baseball, no ESPN, no golf; only what can be picked up on major networks. VERY POOR DECISION! Needs fixing - NOW!
Telephone had flashing red light which could not be stopped. It had music playing on messages as though it was on a revolving drum and it could not be deleted. Had to take phone off receiver to turn off red light. Staff unable to resolve issue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Belchertown
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hotel was good, but unable to control other guests. Inhouse group took over pool and breakfast area, so maybe hotel should look into using complimentary meeting space for group breakfasts so other guests can enjoy a quiet meal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

New Albany, Indiana, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We traveled to New England for a funeral at the beginning of this month. We booked the Days Hotel and Conference Center because of proximity to our family and because they had an indoor pool available which would be helpful for me after driving so far. We had read reviews and they seemed reasonable. The stay was to have been for a week.

When we first checked in, we were told that they were using a new system so it took going back and forth between computers to find our reservation. During this time there was some drama going on with another potential guest in the lobby but we let that go because the desk clerk stayed professional throughout the interaction. It took a long time to get our room reservation straight and after a 17 hour drive, we just wanted a nap.

First they put us on the second floor. We got into the room and it was absolutely freezing. I put the heat on and started to unpack and my husband discovered that the windows were openable and that both window locks were broken completely off. As there's a balcony- we didn't feel secure so I went back to the lobby to be changed.

The second room- a different clerk walked up to the room with my husband to check the locks. This should have been a huge red flag but we were exhausted. They checked the locks and they were fine so we moved all of our stuff. Again- the room was freezing but we cranked up the heat and again set about settling in. It wasn't heating up quickly but we had warm clothes with us so we figured by the time we woke up it would be warm. And then my husband pulled back the bedclothes. As soon as he pulled back the comforter and sheet a bed bug came up with the bedclothes. That was it- we were out of there.

My husband went back to the desk while I tried to get a wi-fi connection to find us a new room. When he told them we were NOT staying in a room that had bugs- their reply was "oh- we have had problems with that housekeeper!" They then offered to move us to a top floor room but my husband refused stating that it's not like bugs don't travel between floors. We were incredulous that they would brush the bug situation off like that and got out of there as fast as we could. Thankfully we were able to find a hotel two exits up that could accommodate us for a week (and even at a lesser price) and were able to move without further trouble.

I would not go back under any circumstances.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here- give your room a thorough inspection before you unpack.