“Fall Foliage”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Methuen
Washington
“Fall Foliage”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Room was good, bed comfortable. TV audio on Ch 5 did not work (Rm310). Had to ask desk for room coffee. Some highway noise. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
SAUGERTIES
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice clean hotel. Nothing exemplary, but comfortable beds, clean rooms, and quality service.Overall a good value and I will be returning to this hotel for future business trips

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed for just one night for our weekend getaway. This hotel is very nice and clean. Even it is not very near Boston downtown area but a short drive is ok for us. It is probably about 30 minutes drive to Boston downtown area. I would definitely stay there again unless I can find somewhere more near the downtown area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cyndi M
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed 1 night included in our 2day Group tour to Boston/Rhode Island. The room(#205) seems to be clean but the smell of cigarette was too strong. The room apparently was not aired when they clean it, even the curtains has strong smoke smell. It was late when we get there, my 2 nephews were too tired, just want to go to sleep so I gave them the pillowcases I brought with me to cover the pillows.The beds are ok but the beddings did not looks fresh. The pillows are too soft, it sinks when your head rest on it. Fortunately even on short trips, I always bring travel pillows/blanket with me. Our windows faced the rear parking lot and by the looks of it, not safe. I did not go to sleep while the windows were open to be aired for several hours. I stayed by the window dozing, trying to watch TV to pass off the time. Free breakfast comparable to others. Nothing interesting in this area. Staff pleasant.

Room Tip: For non-smoker ask for a no smoking room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was our fifth hotel stop on our 10 day New England area vacation, and the best so far. We booked the room online, a basic queen room for $84 but after checking in, we discovered it was a smoking room. Since we are nonsmokers and my companion has asthma, it wasn't an option for us to stay in this room so we asked for a different room. We were told there weren't any available but there was a business class room available for $109. We didn't hesitate to take it, and when the manager made the switch he gave us a 10% discount. The room, on the fifth floor, was ridiculously large and comfortable. I would have given it five stars but one of the pillow cases was dirty and stained and the shower head had mold all over it. But otherwise it was a clean room. We enjoyed a really nice meal in the restaurant and had the best sleep of our vacation so far, waking up a 6:00 am feeling well rested and ready for more fun. The free breakfast was really good: waffles, eggs, potatos, sausage, bagels, coffee and orange juice. Check out wasn't until 11 so we had plenty of time to do some laundry, take a swim in the heated pool before leaving. Although the hotel is a bit off the beaten path, not particularly close to Boston or any of our destinations, it was a great stay and we would use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012
Winthrop, ME
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is very inexpensive, very conveniently located near a major highway, and serves a fabulous free breakfast. The only problem I ran into was that the first morning I woke up, I was sitting in bed with my laptop, and noticed tiny (crumb) ants crawling all over me. I immediately notified the front desk, and was moved right away to a larger business-class room at no extra charge for my second night. So I think I'd stay away from the ground floor, but otherwise the hotel is a great value. Swimming pool nice too.

Room Tip: Probably avoid ground-floor rooms in case of future ant problems
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was the only few hotels available in a Saturday night in the greater Boston area.The hotel staff is very friendly. And the breakfast was good.

Our major problem, however, is the discrepancy on room rate. Online reserved AAA rate was quoted $98.1 (confirmation#56152330). But the actual bill was $107.1 plus tax. Before leaving the hotel, we tried to prove our quoted rate with our confirmation email. Only we found out the reservation didn't have any confirmed rate information.

It is an experience that we never had with other hotels in this recent trip to New England. We did not have this kind of problems in our previous trips nither.

Room Tip: Make sure your online quoted rate is the same as your checked in rate
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Methuen
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#3 of 4 in Salem
Best Western Merrimack Valley
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem

Been to Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA? Share your experiences!