“Beautiful evening at an authentic Mexican restaurant”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #13 of 123 Restaurants in Methuen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just ate there and I'd like to review it. Could not find it on your list of restaurants. Thank you.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We double dated and had an extent courteous young waiter who answered all of our questions about the menu. Service was fast and the atmosphere very festive. In all, my best restaurant experience in months!

1  Thank OceanfrontChuck
There are newer reviews for Plaza Azteca

Reviewed January 5, 2014

With many local choices in town this one is the best. I highly recommend ordering the guacamole, its made fresh table side and excellent. Great drinks and great food. The interior is fantastic (this used to be an uno's pizzeria but you'd never know it). I refer to the interior as pirates of the carribean as it has the flare and its down really well. I noticed other reviews knocking the amount of flavor which I disagree with. This is a Mexican restaurant in Massachusetts so the food needs to reflect that based on the palate of the locals. Parking is tough and this is a very busy restaurant so expect to put your name in and come back. There's plenty of local retail to kill the wait time on a busy weekend night. Enjoy.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Ok. I've been at this place about ten times, so I will lay out the good things and the bad ones.

The Good. The food is always pretty good. The guacamole is fresh and they make it "right in front of you".
The drinks are price reasonably, plus the margaritas are HUGE. The prices are more than good, and you can get a dinner for four for a very affordable price.

The Bad. The parking is a bit uncomfortable, and also getting in and out can be a pain. Service can be mediocre at times, and it depends on their moods it seems. The music is always SO LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It appears that the entire place it's just a big lounge. Even if there is only 10 people in the restaurant at 4:00PM, they still have the music blasting.

Overall, it's a decent place and they food is pretty good. The prices are decent, which makes up for all of the other things that they lack at. I think take out it's just perfect, and if the music wasn't so loud the whole place wouldn't be so bad.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were seated promptly and we didn't wait long before our food was hot from the kitchen! The waiter had suggested our dishes and he was ' spot on' with his recommendations. The restaurant wasn't filled to the capacity as this was a Wednesday night and we were on vacation and just passing through. I would visit it again if I was ever in the area again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Not impressed. I've been there several times and each time I'm more disappointed with the food. They dump cheese on everything. No fresh vegetables cone with anything. The last time I went me and my boyfriends dish were cold and wasn't what was pictures in the menu.

I finally asked myself " why do I come back?"

If anyone has had good Mexican food from the western part of the USA, they know this is zero comparison.

I've been punished enough I will not be going back.

2  Thank icekitten97

Been to Plaza Azteca? Share your experiences!