“True Mexican food at a reasonable price”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #14 of 122 Restaurants in Methuen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just ate there and I'd like to review it. Could not find it on your list of restaurants. Thank you.
Salem, NH
“True Mexican food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Ok. I've been at this place about ten times, so I will lay out the good things and the bad ones.

The Good. The food is always pretty good. The guacamole is fresh and they make it "right in front of you".
The drinks are price reasonably, plus the margaritas are HUGE. The prices are more than good, and you can get a dinner for four for a very affordable price.

The Bad. The parking is a bit uncomfortable, and also getting in and out can be a pain. Service can be mediocre at times, and it depends on their moods it seems. The music is always SO LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It appears that the entire place it's just a big lounge. Even if there is only 10 people in the restaurant at 4:00PM, they still have the music blasting.

Overall, it's a decent place and they food is pretty good. The prices are decent, which makes up for all of the other things that they lack at. I think take out it's just perfect, and if the music wasn't so loud the whole place wouldn't be so bad.

Visited December 2013

Fritch, Texas
“Good service”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were seated promptly and we didn't wait long before our food was hot from the kitchen! The waiter had suggested our dishes and he was ' spot on' with his recommendations. The restaurant wasn't filled to the capacity as this was a Wednesday night and we were on vacation and just passing through. I would visit it again if I was ever in the area again.

• Visited October 2013
Southern NH
“I'd only go for the guacamole.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Not impressed. I've been there several times and each time I'm more disappointed with the food. They dump cheese on everything. No fresh vegetables cone with anything. The last time I went me and my boyfriends dish were cold and wasn't what was pictures in the menu.

I finally asked myself " why do I come back?"

If anyone has had good Mexican food from the western part of the USA, they know this is zero comparison.

I've been punished enough I will not be going back.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank icekitten97
“Guacamole.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent guacomole made as you watch. Terrific chips -- ask for a small bag to take home if you have left over guac. Wait staff are very attentive and pleasant even when busy. Good sized portions and rebasonably priced.

• Visited July 2013
“I would go back...”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Incredible fast service. I walked in, was immediately greeted and brought to the table. 2 Nano seconds later chips and salsa arrived and the waiter was there to take my order. Kinda cool rustic decor reminiscent of an old Mexican house. I ordered the Tortilla soup for lunch. Flavorful, nice rich broth and well cooked. The only down side was that the tortilla strips in the soup were stale. Not bad enough to not eat but none the less stale. Because the service was so great and the soup OK, I would still go back. Anyone can have a bad day so I wont hold it against them. The chips with the salsa were definitely fresh. A hearty soup lunch for $7.43 before tip- I would go there again.

Visited August 2013