“Dinner on the River” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Waitstaff
Dining options: Waitstaff
“Dinner on the River”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had dinner on our way from the Boston Airport to Manchester. It was a quick off/on freeway location so that worked. the scenery was beautiful. the food was pretty good - I had the lobster everything was freshly prepared. My husband the chowder - not great but passable. Then he had the fried shrimp -- not so good. The Bread pudding for dessert was excellent. The service was good and every attentive. The interior is a bit dated and needs to be remodeled.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Very disapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This resturant has been around for years and we have dined here a few times and were very pleased so we decided to return for dinner on Sunday. We arrived around 1pm and were promply seated. The waiter was very attentive and brought us water while we looked over the menu. The waiter did not return to our table for quite a while to take our order. I ordered the fried haddock with french fries and my companion ordered the steak tips with baked potato. We waited about 10 minutes for the salads to be brought to the table which were thought was a long time. After we finished our salads we waited for the dinner to be served. It took about 25 minutes from the time we finished our salads until our dinners arrived. My haddock was overcooked and very dry and I was served a baked potato instead of fries. I did not say anything to the waiter about the mistake because we had waited long enough for our dinners. My companions steak tips were also onercooked and dry. Overall this was a bad dining experience and needless to say we will not be returning to this resturant in the future.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“Nice Location and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Jackson's is a well established riverside restaurant. It reminds me of the old Town Line House on Rte 1 in Lynnfield for those who are fortunate enough to remember that place. The food is good and the property is well maintained.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Swissdiner
New Hampshire
“Surly Service - mediocre food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I attended a baby shower there recently and was appalled by the surly attitude of the waitstaff. It was a catered luncheon, so our interaction with the waitresses was limited to telling them our entree selection - thank goodness!! They were slamming dishes around giving anyone who asked them for anything a murderous glare. Our plates were yanked out from under us and stacked on top of the plated salads they were about to serve (obviously I didn't eat my salad).

The food was mediocre at best. Lukewarm and greasy. The decor is dreadful (think 80's wall stencils and dusty silk flower arrangements). The rest room dingy. I wont be back.

• Visited June 2012
Boston, MA
“Terrible Food and Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

We decided to stop in a for a bite after attending Methuen Festival of Trees - what a big mistake. We also wanted to try it out as were were looking for a place to hold our daughter's first communion. There were only 2 other tables of patrons. The decor was old and needed to be updated. I order a chicken ceasar salad and it was HORRIBLE. The chicken was not cooked (still pink and wet inside), the lettuce was wilted and drowning in dressing. I asked for new chicken (chicken fingers) and the guy said it would only be 2 minutes. How can you cook chicken fingers in 2 minutes (even if they are frozen). Well the chicken fingers looked raw and I was totally turned off. I will never go back to that place again and hope that no one else does. Restaurant Impossible (from food network) needs to visit and shape that place up. Cant believe they are still in businss. YUCK!

• Visited November 2011