“Food is Good...Too Loud For Me”

The Irish Cottage Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Methuen
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Irish Cottage has a really nice, varied menu...Irish specialties plus pub food. Every meal I've had has been above average. Service is good as are the drinks. The only minus I have is the bands playing what Americans' perceive to be Irish music, played far too loudly during the dinner hour. I like to be able to hear what my fellow diners are saying and this can be difficult when the band is playing. I've only been for dinner...never breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

On a last minute lunch decision, we met at The Irish Cottage. It was the first time having steak and cheese with onion rings. My lunch was one of my favorites. I cannot wait to stop in for a repeat experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great food and wonderful service. Try their breakfast you will not be disappointed. We will definitely go back again.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The Irish Cottage offers excellent breakfasts. Wednesday's two for one special cannot be beat. The food is excellent.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was really a special "anniversary" dinner. We were greeted warmly and promptly seated. Our waitress offered cheese and crackers to start and took our drink orders. The $19.95 special included salad or soup of the day - "Corned beef cabbage" which was a thick, very tasty soup. I chose a wonderful "Lemon Pepper" haddock dinner served with grilled asparagus and a side of rice pilaf. My "bridegroom" of 58 years went for the Baked Seafood Casserole - a $20 dish that was worth every penny (I helped him w that). The scallops were perfectly done and the x-large shrimp were fresh and done just right. All the while the waitress was attentive but not overbearing. In fact, as we were toasting, my husbands Manhattan tipped a bit and half the drink landed on him and the table. Without any prompting, the waitress (she has a wee Irish accent) was gracious enough to refill his glass. The atmosphere is 'homey" w bar seating to the left of the entrance and we could hear the laughter coming from that area. Needless to say we had no room for dessert (included in the special) so we took our carrot cake and Bananas Foster home for feasting later on. We will go back soon to try Mum's Homemade Meatloaf (his other choice) and maybe the West Of Ireland Lemon Pepper Salmon for me ...... I do love fish!!! So do try the Monday Specials.... really a great value$$$.