“Great local spot”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Great local spot”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently dined here two nights in a roll and really enjoyed ourselves. Make sure and get there early as the parking lot fills up fast. We started with a seasonal pumpkin filled ravioli with maple cream sage butter sauce which was incredible. I went with the fish and chips which was lightly fried and fresh. The wife went with the cottage pie which was really good. Night two consisted of a homemade chicken pot pie and a lobster roll for the wife. Both again were really, really good. Service was a bit slow, but understandable for the crowd. The local patrons were nice and friendly and made us feel welcome. A good place to dine and unwind in the area.

Methuen, Massachusetts
“Good hearty breakfast”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have gone to the Irish Cottage for breakfast on several occasions. The omelets are delicious and very filing. They are served with potatoes and brown bread. The decor is very homey and makes you think that you are in a pub in Ireland. If you like a filling breakfast, this is the place for you.

• Visited July 2012
Dracut, Massachusetts
“So good So consistent!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The third time we visited this resturant my husband ordered the braised short ribs with mashed potatoes and carrots. I tried a bite of his and omg it was delicious, the gravy and the beef was awesome and I can see why he orders this alot. I am a picky eater and really was in the mood for seafood, but at a irish resturant? I love lobster rolls and there have been a few resturants where they have been excellent. The waitress suggested their lobster rolls and promised I would love it. I did and she was right on, that lobster roll was the best I have had in years, better than most of the resturants up near the beaches. There was a overheaping of lobster with just the right amount of mayo on a toasted bun. I also ordered the sweet potato fries just for something different and they were delicious. We now know where to go for the wifes "Lobster roll". All in all, there has never been a bad meal from this resturant and we are now regular customers. If you want a quiet dinner visit, go before 7pm on the weekend as there is a irish singer at 8pm and it can be a bit loud.

• Visited August 2012
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Delicious and fun!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This restaurant is right down the street from my house! It is a GO TO place when we need a night out or just want take out! Everything is AMAZING, but my "healthy" choice is the chicken salad wrap with fennel slaw and my husband craves the BBQ prime rib sandwich with the beer battered onion rings! Weekends have live music and a great atmosphere! Service is always great. Went there for Easter Brunch with our kids and the staff was wonderful and really catered to the kids!

• Visited June 2012
Houston, TX
“Local food, local folks”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Once we found this place, we enjoyed it. Following our navigation systems, it kept telling us we were “there”. However, we couldn’t find it until we gave up, drove around to the other side of the strip center and found it on the back side. Good thing we didn’t give up! It was a great meal of New England clam chowder, Seafood Pot Pie, and crab cakes. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The restaurant side was in the same basic room as the bar, so it was pretty loud, but not a problem for us. We had an attentive waitress and the food was served hot and delicious. Even sharing the chowder between the two of us, they gave us separate bowls and a small serving of brown bread. This is a good choice for a local restaurant- just go early. There was a line to get in when we left at 6:15 on a Friday.

• Visited July 2012