“Restaurant Only”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Road
Transit: Vineyard Transit Authority public buses travel directly past the Inn daily along North Road with regularly scheduled stops at the Menemsha Public Beach and Chilmark Community Center
Description: A Beach Plum Wedding is know for unfussy but delicious, thoughtful food sourced from the woods and surrounding waters of Martha's Vineyard. We rely on the tight-knit island community of farmers, fisherman, herdsman and family members for the perfect ingredients to make your wedding unforgettable.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had dinner here last week. The location was great and so was the service.

The new chef is clearly very talented and the food we had was excellent. However, the night we went there were three entrees on the menu: bluefish, a lamb shank with lamb meatballs, and chicken. I ordered the fish and my lady ordered the lamb shank. A few minutes later the waiter returned and told us they were out of the bluefish. Ok, I switched my order to the lamb. Well, he said, the thing is we're out of the lamb shank but we still have the meatballs.

Ok well look: it was an 8:15pm dinner reservation on a Friday night (the first big Friday of the season). Its not like we showed up at 11pm. Seems to me that the correct response would have been to rustle up some other kind of entree from whatever was around to try bridge the gap, but this they did not do.

Pretty frustrating to sit down at dinner open your wine and eat some bread and be told that in fact there's only one choice of entree or you can combine appetizers.

That said, the food we did have was absolutely fantastic and I'm sure the entrees would have been as well. Also, I know that everyone is working out the kinks at the beginning of the season. And the staff gave us some free wine (which was above and beyond) and a free dessert.

The location is great and quality of food was also just great. If they don't make silly mistakes for you like they did for us (I mean you have to have enough food to make it past the 8:15pm seating), you will have a wonderful experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

New farm to table menu and decor most welcome at this lovely spot. Wait staff still need some training and hard surfaces make it a bit noisy, but the nice selection of fresh, local ingredients prepared well make it worth returning to. BYOB makes it slightly less expensive, but still a splurge.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful properties I have ever seen. However. It was extremely overpriceed. My $15 dollar strawberry and arugula salad consisted of 7 arugula leaves, 2 sliced strawberries , and a hunk of average feta cheese. There is simply no justification for this. No 7 leaves of arugula are that ambrosial. My fish entree was good, not great, and we could not bring ourselves to order dessert because we could not imagine that any slice of pie in the world was worth $12. As I said, it was a beautiful, beautiful restaurant and setting...but even if we were millionaires it would be difficult not to feel a bit cheated by such outrageously overpriced (and really only average quality) food.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Been eating at the Beach Plum for over 40 years-through bad times and good. It's always had a choice location with a great sense of Menemsha history and charm but its never before had an absolute winning combination to bring it to full potential. All that has changed this year. Guaranteed to be the hardest reservation to get this summer since the owners brilliant move to install an island treasure-Chris Fisher as chef and restaurant guru, an island native with a true passion for its beauty and natural bounty. As sous chef at Mario Batali's Babbo in NYC Chris learned the most sophisticated of techniques and honed them to fit the island aesthetic and taste. He then traveled the world learning and gathering skills before returning home. His farm to table freshness is stunningly delicious to both the eye and the palette. If it sounds like this is a planted review I promise you it's not. We came home last night from our first meal this season and were truly excited that two island treasures had been united. From the complete restaurant makeover-open kitchen, hand hewn tables (was told that Chris made these as well) and island casual chic to the vitality of the beautiful crew-all perfection. For the large summer and year round population of health conscious foodies this is nirvana. Promise you will not be disappointed-a Vineyard must whether you come for a weekend or the summer. Book your reservation now!
(Put stars for bar scene and couldn't take them back -no bar--Menemsha is a dry town-BYOB)

Reviewed January 16, 2013

A wonderful place for two. My wife and I had our honeymoon on Martha's Vineyard and went to the Beach Plum Restaurant for a sunset dinner. It was a wonderful evening in all ways possible. Dinner was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. Since this a "dry area" on the island you may take a bottle of wine with you for your dinner. There is a "corkage" fee so check with them before you bring your favorite beverage for price. The restaurant has a wonderful view of Menemsha Bay. If you want a special evening this is the place. It is a little difficult to find but it's well worth it.

1  Thank cameraguy52