“New England Lobster Feast”

Larsen's Fish Market
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Menemsha
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We are located in the fishing village of Menemsha on the island of Martha's Vineyard. Open seasonally, we offer fresh, locally caught seafood in our market and from our kitchen. Come enjoy your food with us on the harbor, on the beach, or take something home to prepare yourself.
Reviewed August 17, 2009

This is the essence of eating a two pound New England lobster right outside the shack it was steamed in and next to the boat it just came off of. This place has so much character it can't be anymore cool. Don't expect any linen, china, silverware or many side dishes. Order a lobster and enjoy it while sitting on a crate outside with a lobster trap as your table. The price is reasonable and the walk to the jetty and around the beach is a cool way to check out the village before you head out.

Reviewed July 27, 2009

It hit me that there was something fishy about Menemsha since the last time I was there. Specifically, this guy in a preppy sear sucker suit just hit me in the head while I was waiting for my food order. No apology.
Yes, the "sleepy fishing village" of my youth had turned into a parking lot nightmare with people shoving you to get their lobster.
Was this Larsen's fault? No. But just the same, I think the food is better at Menemsha Fish Market just up the road.

Reviewed July 21, 2009

Better lobster and steamers than Maine. No dress code, flip flops perfect attire.Great rawbar. BYOB Sometimes you may have to wait a moment for the food to come off the fishing boats, but its fresh. We often see famous people here. Increadible view. No indoor seating

1  Thank rudyenzo
Reviewed July 7, 2009

This is an actual fish market right on the water that also has fresh seafood cooked-to-order. On a recent visit we had stuffed quahogs, clam chowder, steamers, and lobster. Everything was very fresh and surprisingly affordable. You may have to wait a bit for them to steam your meal but it's well worth it. Seating is limited to a few crates and stools outside but you can also walk to the end of the street and eat on the beach.

Bring your beverage of choice and enjoy fresh seafood with great sunset views.

Reviewed June 25, 2009

I vacation on Martha's Vineyard for one week every summer, and all those weeks I'm not there, I spend dreaming of going back to this market. Order your fish: lobster, scallops, clams, oysters on the half shell, etc. and grab your sides and beverages. They prepare the seafood fresh right there and you can sit out back eating your fine meal watching the boats come in, satisfied you just spent way less money than if you'd gone to a sit-down seafood restaurant. The seating out back is limited, some benches and picnic tables. If seating is tight, you're just steps from the beach, and you can picnic out there. It's a lovely place to watch the sunset.
I sit out back at Larsen's in utter heaven, inhaling my lobster and fresh oysters. One note: Menemsha is a dry town so you cannot purchase beer or wine there, but you're permitted to bring your own.

1  Thank Danaeve