“A good place to land for dinner”

Home Port Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Menemsha
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Josh Aronie brings his lifetime of island experience and outstanding culinary background to The Homeport for it's 84th and best season yet. Expect to be impressed by great renditions of regional seafood classics as well as updated menu selections masterfully executed by Chef Josh and his team.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Coming here since 1996, I hadn't been to Menemsha since 2007. I was curious to see how Home Port fared now. Our 5 pm reservation began with us asking to be seated at a different table with a better water view. Next, our server Beatrice was attentive and accommodating. My friend ordered 1 1/4 lb lobster and enjoyed picking it apart for every morsel. I asked that my Atlantic salmon be cooked through rather than pan seared. Done perfectly and moist. Rather than rice, I requested a baked potato and white-yellow corn on the cob. Both delish. Enjoyed the sourdough rolls, too. We still find Home Port a good place to land for dinner.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

A morning of lazing on the beach ... Life can be tough. LUNCHTIME - what to do? Sauntered to Home Port. Best lobster EVER... AND fish tacos which were indescribably tasty. Five stars - NO argument.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The locations goes without saying, but the new chef and changes in ownership have created a great dining experience in Menemsha. And, the line at the backdoor is a good indicator! The fish tacos are a great option and there are sandwiches and other specialties that are now more reasonably priced. Inside, a new raw bar is a great place to hang and enjoy the evening to watch sunset after the beach. The staff is very friendly and service good....sometimes might be worth it to go earlier or later as the peak period is around sunset. And, lunch is a great option. The overhaul at the Homeport is definitely a worthwhile destination!

1  Thank mv645
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place has been around so long dinosaurs ate there, but now as far as I can tell, it's under new and talented leadership. We had service at the back door 'cause it was lunchtime. The nice lady took our order quickly and the food came out fresh and hot in less than 15 minutes.

We took our chowder cole slaw and fried seafoods out on the spacious patio. The umbrellas were all in use, but eh, we were late for lunch wandering the honeysuckle-perfumed byways of Menemsha. The food was all freshly made with great local ingredients, the chowder had clams in every bite, the rest was served with all the sauces and tools we needed, and made more than a fair accompaniment to the views of the harbor, pond, and across the water to Lobsterville beach.

2  Thank David B
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went with my wife, sister-in-law and her family. Ordered the fish tacos, tasty with pieces mango, corn and their own little secret sauce. At $k13 it was very tasty, would definitely go again. My wife had the chicken and bacon sandwich, others had lobster rolls filled with great claw meat. My nieces enjoyed a kids chicken tenders (very moist chicken, I helped) and great rosemary fries.

Overall lunch was great ordering from the backdoor. There was plenty of parking, a nice patio area a stones throw from the water. The people before us walked away cause it was too expensive. It's the summer on vacation, it's worth the extra bucks. Top choice over the Bite. Food is much better, easier to park and better view. Homeport is the way it should be.