“Meh”

Home Port Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Menemsha
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef Josh Aronie brings his lifetime of island experience and outstanding culinary background to The Homeport for it's 84th and best season yet. Expect to be impressed by great renditions of regional seafood classics as well as updated menu selections masterfully executed by Chef Josh and his team.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Meh”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We decided to give this restaurant another chance since we have not been there since it came under new management. Will not be going back there again. It is very expensive, even by Martha's Vineyard standards and the food is average at best. A single lobster, with nothing but a couple of potatoes and not much else was $36. There is a glut of lobsters on the market now and the prices are way down, so this price is really out of line. We ate the specials, broiled scallops and broiled blue fish, more reasonably priced, but nothing special.

The atmosphere was seafood shack, although there is a great sunset view.

You can do alot better on the Vineyard

• Visited September 2012

New York City, New York
“HORRIBLE FOOD, HIGH PRICES!! Avoid this place!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I was worried about eating hear because the many bad reviews. This place is right on the water and has good views of the sun set but sitting on the beach is better.
Even though the place is on an island it does not mean they can change crazy prices. I payed 18$ for a salad and it was not good at all. It was very small and not filling. If you charge high prices for the food it needs to be good.
The place was very loud aswell. The other people's portions were small and lacking flavor.
Many good reviews were said about LARSONS so i will give it a try next time.

avoid HOMEPORT!

1 Thank Andrew43234
Nanuet, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The real deal”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was my first trip to MV and had a wonderful meal at Homeport. The sunset was an added bonus. My friend and I each had a soup Lobster Bisque and Clam chowder both delicious. We then shared a lobster roll. I wouln't have been able to eat it all as it was huge. The staff at the Homeport made my first MV experience when I will alwAys remember.

1 Thank Susan D
Auburn, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great spot”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Eight friends enjoyed dinner and the sunset at Homeport one evening in August. Great food and service. I ordered the Lobster roll which was very large portion...others enjoyed the raw bar, scallops and fresh fish. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Joan B
NYC
“Definitely Returning!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My friends and I had such a fun night at the Homeport last Friday. We arrived just in time for one of the best sunsets I've ever seen - was almost a nail biter so make sure you leave early enough! Anyways, the view was so worth the effort and upon arriving we got to drink our own wine which they chilled for us (it's BYOB which we loved). Our waitress told us all about our food and where it came from in the area. The fishermen literally come to the docks below and it was probably the freshest meal I've ever had. We had lobsters, bluefish, scallops and ended with my childhood favorite key lime pie! I hadn't eaten there before but others in my group had in the past, and we're now already plotting our return.