“a "lobstah" roll to die for”

Menemsha Fish Market
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Menemsha
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is by far the BEST lobster roll I have ever had, and I have eaten a few in my lifetime.
This is not a restaurant as such; it's take-out. We sat behind the fish marked on wire wheel tables and on boxes, which served as stools. And oh my, no one said a word. We just watched the boats in the harbor and munched on our lobster rolls!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

It's a little place so you can see the shucker prepping your oysters. There is no place to eat inside but if you go out the back door you can sit on the pier overlooking a fishing boat that probably unloaded your lunch. Very fun stop.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I work a little ways away in Chilmark. In the spring a co-worker suggested we get some take out from Menemsha Fish Market. Lobster Rolls to be exact. The price tag for a Lobster Roll didn't entice me really but I took the first of many plunges. I'm telling you this is the best Lobster Roll money can buy. I went here multiple times during the season. Most lobster rolls are some meat with mayo and other fillers. This however is lobster meat on a buttered roll...no fillers. One does the job and has you full. Yeah it's in the $20 price range but well worth it. I'm a fan now. There are other items you can purchase chowder etc. Staff is always friendly. Get there a ways before sunset in the peak season.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Perfect place to pick up your food and take to beach, or take to picnic table outside. Choice of lobster bisque or clam chowder, both excellent (tasting samples offered so easy to see which you prefer) We had soup along with hot lobster roll which was really excellent. Also available are lobsters of varying sizes, stuffed clam, mussels or steamers, or even seafood chimichanga. I liked both the chowder and the bisque, just right not just thickened with flour.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

...up the street from the 'other' fish market and you will find Menemsha Fish Market. It offers take out food along with fresh fish and lobster. The lines are typically not very long and the staff is incredibly helpful and pleasant. The clam chowder is excellent, although I like a few more clams in my chowder and the lobster bisque is superb, perhaps the best I have ever had! I, myself, ordered the hot lobster roll - a toasted roll piled high to overflowing with huge chunksnf lobster meat and drizzled with more butter. For only $3 more, a cup of clam chowder rounded off my meal. Delicious!
The next time we decide to catch a sunset in Menemsha we will defi Italy make a quick stop at the Menemsha Fish Market for a takeout lobster roll and head to the beach on the point!

Call ahead to order your steamed lobster!