Menemsha Inn and Cottages(Menemsha)(Great Value!)
$345
Mansion House(Vineyard Haven)
$469
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$378
$315
ClarionHotels
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
$309
Pequot Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
$810
Sands Of Time Motor Inn & Harbor House(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
$259
Treehouse Lodge(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
$289
$239
Official Site
The Richard(Edgartown)
$439
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmenemsha harborlucy vincent beachbeach passesquaint fishing villageroom was tastefully decoratedmartha's vineyardminute driveiris roomcup of coffeeoak bluffswild turkeysevery bitelaid backevery morningbagelscottageisland
Reviewed June 28, 2017

We stayed here the weekend of 6/23 - 6/25. It was wonderful, relaxing and peaceful. The Inn was very close to the water.Just a short walk down a sandy path and you are there! The rooms were large and very comfortable. The weather was such that we were able to sleep with the windows open to the sound of the harbor buoy and breezes.Great breakfast and great staff. They provide beach passes,umbrellas and chairs also!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank William S
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

As island residents showing guests around we stopped (noontime) to check the place out as it looks beautiful, and it probably is. Asked if breakfast was available and after an "eye roll" from host were told "we stop serving breakfast at 1030".
Cool. "Can we have lunch?"
Snippy reply.." we have a private party today no lunch for public".
OK. Can we look around for a couple minutes?
"No you have to leave as we are busy". As residents we get it you got stuff going on. But a little politeness wouldn't kill your pointy head vibe dude. 5 minutes of letting us look around would have been better than embarrassing us in front of people who traveled 1000 miles to visit and we made a point to bring them there.
Will never go back.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Llama L
bobnixon, Owner at The Beach Plum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dear Llama, As our buissness is called "hospitality" I certainly agree with you headline statement. I will circulate yiur note at our team meeting and find out the details of your very upsetting and unfortunate visit.

bob nixon

Reviewed October 20, 2016

After spending 13 summers on MV I was jonesing to touch places and people I had loved. Menemsha was always part of my daily life then and I missed it. Since I had a small living space I would set my Island guests up at the Menemsha Inn or the Beach Plum. Part of that experience was dining at the Beach Plum Restaurant.

I made a short solo trip back in Mid October and stayed at the BPI. I found that mornings in Menemsha and fishing Lobsterville, cycling Middle Road and out to the Gay Head
Light were still part of who I am. But the Beach Plum and Menemsha Inn have changed.

First of all if you visit Chilmark and Aquinnah during mid October and beyond be advised that there is no food to be had except at the seafood places in Menemsha. Larsen's lobsters are the best in the world, but tough to survive for a week on them. There is no place to pick up sandwich or snack. They stopped serving dinner at the BP Restaurant even in season. That is truly a shame because that was world class for years. Though the off menu breakfast was still on for weekends at the Beach Plum and the quality of the morning meal was excellent I had to drive all over the Island to get lunch and dinners.

The websites for both Menemsha Inn and Beach Plum need a pretty major overhaul.
Anyone visiting those sites would expect that complimentary breakfast would be provided with lodging. Though I knew from phone conversation with staff that this is not the case those who relied on the website would clearly be disappointed.

My room at the Beach Plum (Iris Room) was clean and comfortable with a little terrace
looking over at the Menemsha Harbor. Unfortunately I had to move for my last night due to the fact that I was warned that there would be "construction" occuring during the night
that would be noisy?? Stranger things happen I guess. So I moved to the Menemsha Inn. The room there in the Carriage House was bright with a good view (#4) but lacked the character of the Iris Room. Also there was a strong odor of creosote in the common area.

I think the problem with these properties is that the maintenance of the facilities is palpably deteriorated. I mean exterior paint and carpets are going south. Having lived there I realize that the weather conditions demand that exterior of buildings and anything made of wood have to be rigorously maintained or rot and mildew set in. Odors in buildings located in these seaside environments can be rampant if proper maintenance is not practiced. I noted that the access roads were pretty badly potholed.

Part of all of this may have had to do with "end of season" lack of interest etc. I think the truly class properties and businesses don't use this excuse. Everywhere you look outside of the rooms which were in fact clean and bright, there was a shabby feel. There was grime on the inside of the door to the Beach Plum Lobby. Give me a spray bottle of 409 and a cloth. The screen slider leading to the balcony at the Carriage House room was inoperable.

I must say that the staff I encountered, Joel, Julie and Virginia were great folks and it was clear they were interested in my comfort. And I did enjoy my visit.

Room Tip: Always go second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank M ichael s
bobnixon, Owner at The Beach Plum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Hi Michael,
Thanks you for the thoughtful notes which I think are a accurate asesment of the end of last sean. Lets start with our fantastic team. Joel ,julie, Virginia and Katya are indeed great and do really care about all our guests.
Yes the elements here are a oonstant battle but we have made a major cash investment which helped us win some major victories. Happy to report that we have replaced all the carpets in tea house with wide pine flooring- musty smell - gone with the wind!

The Menemsha Inn driveways now have several tons of new oyster shells, much wood trim replaced and fresh paint applied and --- wait for it ---we think we may have designed a solution to alwya salt spry murdrued sliding screen doors! No promises but cross your fingers as we go in to summer.

Thank you for caring about the Menemsha Inn & Cottages!
best regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

I would urge those looking at Martha's Vineyard who will have a car to stay here!! It's not a fancy resort like you might find in ritzy parts of the island, it's not the kind of experience where you will feel fancy, but it is very true to the Vineyard. The staff are welcoming and friendly, the cottages are comfortable and clean and the view from the property is unparalleled. Could the cottages use some updating? Sure! Was the water pressure the worst I'd ever had? Yes! But you are visiting an island to slow down and chill out, so don't worry about it. This place is so charming and quiet - if you're looking for the marble bathroom hotel experience, stay in Edgartown and let those who want to eat lobsters out of a bag on the dock do it (oh, you can walk to menemsha village for this from the resort, just bring plenty of bug spray!) it is expensive but you are on MV in the summertime so oh well. Highlight? The car/walk on beach passes to Lucy Vincent Beach - worth the cost of the room for me, best New England beach I've been to in a long time.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rhodych
bobnixon, Owner at The Beach Plum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for the staying with us and for the nice review which really captured what makes a unique but very special place and gives helpful tips to future guests. We especially glad to read how you appreciated that " were not ritzy ...but very true to the Vineyard."
Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Best regards, Bob

Reviewed August 18, 2016

Despite previous reviews, LVB walk on and car pass was provided which is a great perk. Especially quiet in the evening this year as restaurant dinner is on hiatus for the season. Complimentary coffee/lemonade/wine provided every day. Breakfast is not included, but was quite reasonable and delicious. Private balcony and mini fridge in room. A bit pricey in August, even for MV, but we were pleased overall.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn S

Dear Lynn, Thank you so much for staying with us and taking then time to write your detailed and thoughtful review.
We appreciate the fuve stars!
Best regards,