“good”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A nice atmosphere with great food. If you love beef, you'll love it here. Nice pub room with wood stove. Aplace for the locals

1  Thank bostonruth3

Reviewed October 28, 2012

So....my niece and I got lost looking for a place to eat. Far from where we needed to be, we tried one more time with the GPS and picked out the New England Steak and Seafood Restaurant. We arrived and the parking lot was packed...good sign of a good place. Friday night about 8pm and it was crowded. We got a table immediately. Wow...what a great menu....lots and lots of choices. Many different beef and seafood options. I saw lots of lobsters coming out of the kitchen. My niece picked fried shrimp and I got the queen cut prime rib, medium rare. We told our waiter that we needed to get to our hotel and were in a bit of a hurry. He was terrific...we were in and out of there in 45 minutes. Big tip for that guy. Salads came first...crisp and fresh. A bread basket accompanied it with some really different and yummy options...a brown bread with apples and raisins, cinnamon roll minus the icing, and a cheesy herb roll. I am ashamed to say that I ate all of my salad, the brown bread, and one of the cinnamon rolls. My queen cut prime rib came to the table and it was HUGE. Perfectly cooked and tender...I couldn't finish it all. My niece's shrimp were big and crunchy and served with crispy fries. My steak came with a baked potato and broccoli au gratin. Both were great. We had no time, or room, for dessert...too bad because I bet it would have been just as fantastic as the rest of the meal. Best place to eat that I ever found while I was lost. We were far off of our path, but this place is definitely worth finding again.

1  Thank Michie1291
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The place has been around a long time and I had fond memories of it. After having not gone in years I was looking forward to it. This time though we were focused on seafood - and it was disappointing. They had a special of steamers and fried clams which is exactly what we wanted. The fried clams were good but the steamers were tasteless and just not cooked right.
Another fish dinner (broiled) was just ok. The cheese and crackers on the table were very good and immediately devoured. Waitress was attentive and the inside still was nice.
I remember when going here years ago it was considered fine dining and people dressed appropriately. So it was very surprising to see people in jeans, sneakers, overalls, t shirts etc.
I will probably not go back again as the food and experience did not live up to my expectations.

2  Thank Diva50
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We visit here a few times a year and are never disappointed. The prime rib is the best in the area and you can get it the way you want it. Prices reasonable too. Lunch is always good with a selection of wall made sandwiches.

2  Thank Robert G
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We used to go to the steakhouse frequently, but the steaks just aren't cooked the way they should be. The value for the $ has decreased.

1  Thank kk430

Been to New England Steak & Seafood? Share your experiences!