“It could be so much better”

Bobby C's Ristorante
Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Melrose
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Please change our hours on Fri-Sat to 11am-10.00pm. Also, we do have a full bar. We have easy access for wheelchairs. We have off street parking and a parking lot as well.
Boston, Massachusetts
“It could be so much better”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I want so much to love Bobby C's - the lovely woman who's the owner, the generous portions, the entertaining waitresses - but...there's just too much food, not very well prepared and too expensive. Seems it would be better to give less food, cook it much more carefully and charge a little less. It seems as if the restaurant was better back when it first opened and has gone downhill over the years. Which is a shame, because Bobby C's is a very comfortable, attractive place in a great location and has so much potential.
I never thought I'd criticize a restaurant for serving too much food, but that's how it is.

• Visited July 2012

Boston, MA
“Pretty Good Food, Service was average at best”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Friendly service on the phone when I made the reservation that afternoon.

No host in sight when we entered. We helped ourselves to a menu, and were seated by a bartender after a a few (2-3) minutes.

Server seemed to be overwhelmed at times with her tables, and seemed to only be able to handle one request from one of her tables at any given time. She was very nice, and checked with the kitchen when we had a very specific question on ingredients.

Food did come out quickly once we ordered. Menu was impressive. I give the butternut squash ravioli a 8.5 / 10. The sauce was not what I was expecting, but fairly tasty. I was impressed with the addition of the grilled chicken and roasted butternut squash (in the sauce, not in the ravioli). My wife gave the lasagna a 6/10. It didn't seem to be the layered lasagna she was expecting. Seemed a bit bland, she said. (Note - they will serve it with a meat sauce if you ask - she assumed it was and was disappointed she didn't get clarification)

She tried to add salt to the lasagna, but the salt in the shaker on the table was solid as a rock. I unscrewed the cap, and still none came out. She didn't want to make a scene, so we just put it back as we found it.

Ordered a latte for dessert, but no spoon came with it to stir in sugar or to scoop up the foam from the bottom of the cup.

My drinks from the bar were very good, and cheaper than I was expecting.

All in all, a decent date night as we were not in a hurry to get done with dinner.

• Visited August 2012
melrose
“take out”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

wed. nite take out-restaurant not busy ordered pasta and peas way to salty and had it before was good the first time. tortellini al dente should be in a cream sauce but was more like soup.what was up with that. bruschetta do not order as a take out unless u want to put it all together yourself. the only thing we really liked as a take out was the ceasar salad.very disappointed will have seconds thoghts next time we order out.will

• Visited August 2012
Melrose, Massachusetts
“Terrific food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We come here often and always have a great experience. I've never had an item on the menu I didn't like. Their drinks are great too! Good, reliable, friendly service and a fun atmosphere. Patio seating is great on a nice warm night or for a sunny lunch.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank mrssmall23
Malden, Mass
“Excellent Food and Entertainment”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Bobby C's Ristorante is an excellent restaurant to have a delicious dinner. Entertainment is also available on Wednesday and Thrusday evenings. There is also an outside patio opened now that spring is here. The food is reasonably priced and the staff is very personable and professional. The owners, Paul and Julie are always there to greet you and to stop by and chat, even if it is your first time dining. There is also a Sunday Brunch that is worth trying one or more times. They also elaborate more on the brunch for holidays. My favorite night to dine here is Thursdays because the entertainment is provided by Joey Canzano, "The Man of Many Voices." He is definitely worth the night out. So, try Bobby C's on Wednesday nights for North Shore Accapello or Street Magic or Thrusday nights for Joey Canzano. See you there!

• Visited March 2012