“Warm and Welcoming” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rockingham, Vermont
“Warm and Welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I always use Tripadvisor before I travel. My son needed surgery at Beth Israel, but I hate driving in the Boston traffic. Because of the many people who commented on the location and the shuttle service, I decided to book at the Hyatt in Medford. We took a taxi to the Hospital early on the morning of his surgery and back, however, because of our situation. I figure we saved even by taking a taxi because we did not pay for parking, breakfast or wifi. We stayed here several weeks ago for a doctors appt. and decided to rebook because of the staff and treatment we got. Everybody was so helpful and kind. There were three adults in our room and it still felt spacious because of the size and layout. We ate in two wonderful restaurants recommended by the front desk, Salvatores and Blue Fuji. We had excellent meals. We also walked around Medford and found it a delightful community for shopping.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Falmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Just outside the city (10 minutes to Logan Airport), this hotel is just a stones throw from Tufts University and a walkable downtown Medford. This was our second visit and appreciate the free garage (underground parking) - parking @ a Boston Hotel is $40 average per night. Rooms are well layed out with separate sitting area. Bath is compartmentalized and is most adequate. Coffee/tea in room as well as an empty minibar. Large flat screen pivots so TV can be viewed either in bed or in the sitting room. Although limited menu - food is available 24 hrs and there is also a small bar, nice coffee bar and the breakfast (included) offered an acceptable array of choices. Our only complaint would be the room we were in was located at far right side of building on an upper floor which is near the highway (EZ on EZ off) and a bit too nosy for our liking (we're sound sensitive). Good hotel, great value compared to downtown Boston.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side of building versus right (closer to highway) should be quieter and I'd re...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FalWetVet
Spruce Grove, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

We came here as part of our honeymoon road trip after getting married in Nova Scotia. We were planning on staying a few days. When searching we found the downtown hotels were a lot more. I liked this hotel because it was away from all the chaos of downtown and it was still in a perfect location. We paid half the price to stay here as we would if we stayed downtown. The hotel was clean and we never had any issues with anything. Really, no complaints!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

This hotel is about 10 minutes or so from the airport. You do need a car to get around. not much nearby. The room was nice but smelled like someone had smoked there. Nice staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank t0309999
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed here for a New Years Eve wedding that was basically next door. Shuttle took us over,friendly driver. Loved spacious room with separation between sleeping area and couch,kitchenette area. good closet space and plenty of mirrors. What was really appreciated was the QUIET & darkness of the room for sleeping. Very good soundproofing. Breakfast room nice value added . would stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank NYCshoppinggal
Wyckoff, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I just returned from this hotel and let me tell you I was not impressed!!! Let me begin by saying I have stayed at many hotels worldwide. While I appreciate luxury , there is a need from time to time for a 3 star hotel. Since we are Hyatt Diamond members and have loved all they resorts we were eager to try a hyatt place. What a disappointment . let me begin by saying the moment we walked in there was a huge sign stating that there was flooding from the 2 to 5th floor and to excuse the appearance!! OK!!! I travelled with my family for New Years , there were 4 of us and we booked a king "suite with pullout" My boys are 9 and 11. When we entered the room it was a couch and a bed .. woo hoo very little drawer space and the bed was sooo hard I did not sleep the first night at all!! The next morning with a crick in my neck and pure exhaustion I tried the breakfast. They say they use Starbucks coffee however I happen to brew my own as well and to me it tasted like they used 1 scoop for the whole pot!!! stale muffins and fruit that had a weird sheen to it gross!! After returning from a long day of sight seeing we returned at 8 pm to find that the room had never been cleaned. I called the front desk, the girl quickly cam upstairs apologized profusely and gave me room keys to another room (apparently there BEST ROOM) so we packed and moved again. The room seemed very much the same that night I slept but probably would have slept on a picked fence. In short This is truly not of Hyatt quality strangely I don't care for Hilton properties however their lower grade Homewood suites Is fantastic ... Great beds , big showers , full breakfast and the softest blankets you have ever felt. I am not sure if there is one in Boston but i will tell you this i wont be traveling to Hyatt Place again!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelDiva37
Thornton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

My wife and I recently moved from nearby Arlington to New Hampshire and have used the Hyatt Place in Medford as our "home away from home." This year we have stayed over 8 nights at the hotel, and we were impressed with the friendly staff, both at the desk as well as in the breakfast room. The rooms have been consistently clean, and the beds always beautifully made, ready for a good nights rest. The underground parking is a plus, especially during Boston's snowy winters. Downtown Medford is only a short walk from the hotel, and features an outstanding coffee shop (Mystic Coffee Roasters), an excellent Italian restaurant (Sabatini's) , and our favorite ice cream store, Colleen's.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medford
AC Hotel Boston North
#2 of 2 in Medford
4.5 of 5 stars 61 reviews
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Hyatt Place Boston/Medford? Share your experiences!