“best sushi in somerville/cambridge/medford area!”
Review of SEI Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
SEI Bar
Ranked #54 of 143 Restaurants in Medford
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I live nearby in Somerville, and this is my favorite sushi restaurant around. I also have them deliver sushi to my door more frequently than I’d like to admit. The staff are so friendly and fun to be around, and of course the sushi is awesome. The spicy scallop maki is my fave!

There are newer reviews for SEI Bar

Reviewed November 3, 2012

At times we can only afford the appetizers since it is a bit expensive for us. They food is first rate, fresh and lovely and delicious. A must try.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Sushi in Medford??
I never thought this would be an option in a town that is known more for sub shops, Dunkin Donuts and little Italian joints, but Sei Bar holds its own.

Not only is the sushi very fresh here, but the service is also very good. The ambiance is nice, but there is no issue with being dressed casually for your meal.

I'm a fan of the various sushi and sashimi combos they offer. The prices are reasonable, not too high (also not cheap), but reasonable. My only complaint about the most recent combo platter I had is that there was tamago (egg) sushi. I have never seen this as it is the cheapest item on the menu. On the plus side, they did include toro on the platter and that is usually not included since it is a higher end tuna. Overall, it was a good balance (but I never touched the tamago so it was wasted).

The miso soup could use a little work (too watery), and I am always offended when I'm charged for tea. It should be free in Asian restaurants :=)

I was craving Udon (thick wheat noodles) and decided to try the stir fry udon with chicken. It was delicious! They use breast meat, not junky thigh meat. Also, the flavor was great. I highly recommend it if you have a carb craving or want Japanese noodles.

Drinks: Get a bottle of cold sake and ask for the special powder and pineapple. Trust me on this one. I tried it this weekend and it was FABULOUS!

FYI - the bar area is very nice. I usually opt to sit here because the vibe is just right... chill with a little bit of buzz.

Another thing to note, they have a few private dining rooms. I think they seat 8-10 (or more) people. This is a great option if you are having a private party or have a larger group.

In addition to the food, the service here has been very good. Joy is the woman who has been my server each time except for once. She is very knowledgeable and also very honest about what's freshest that day. She makes great recommendations and is very friendly. The other waitstaff is OK, and the host is not very welcoming. It's a shame that they all can't be as good as Joy.

If you're in Medford and want good sushi...and don't want to pay Boston prices...go to Sei Bar.

As a California sushi snob, I'm happy to have found this place.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I'm not big on Sushi so I didn't think I'd like the Sei Bar. Much to my surprise they have WONDERFUL dishes like "Sesame Chicken" and "Salmon Jade" (my favorite!) and many more meals which are "to die for!!" Their appetizers are so different; Tuna Popcorn, Shrimp Popcorn, Seafood Tempura - everything I've ordered at this place has been a 5-star experience! The food is fresh and served IMMEDIATELY after preparation, the presentations are works OF ART, the wait staff is excellent and the experience has always warranted future visits. TOP NOTCH place to eat for lunch OR dinner - and they deliver!!!

1  Thank Terryrheadset
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 14, 2008

The setting/atmosphere has been greatly improved with their expansion. The service is strange/not in sync and the food is medium good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to SEI Bar? Share your experiences!