“Sushi with so so service”
Review of YOKI

YOKI
Reserve with OpenTable
YOKI is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 143 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We believe we had a new server, because he forgot to bring our drinks and then fogot to bring the salad. He was very apologetic. The restaurant was very busy. We were seated in the bar area which was upbeat modern look, although quite loud.The sushi was beautiful, tasty and served quickly. Some of the best in the area. We will be returning to Yoki.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This used to be such a great little spot with good food. Then, last year, they did a major renovation and turned half of the restaurant into a huge, dark, neon lit cave with a long bar and loud music. I hope that whoever did their market research and told them that this change would bring in the younger crowd and more money made it worthwhile for them, because they destroyed a little gem of a restaurant. The food seems to be the same, but the sushi comes out alarmingly warm in the summertime. Also, when you first sit down, you are handed some of the filthiest, grimiest menu's you will ever receive. It troubles me greatly that every day the hostesses can keep handing out these filthy menu's and not clean them. I challenge anybody to go there and be handed these filthy menu's and feel comfortable eating the food afterwards. It's too bad because they have a nice wait staff, and nice outdoor tables, and a little bit of the old interior on one side of the restaurant. But the new "night club" addition and the lack of cleanliness really knock down the rating of this old favorite.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The sushi tasted good and came out quickly. The actual atmosphere was upbeat and played nice music inside. They also have outdoor seating which is great during summer nights. Yoki has a nice selection of sushi which was very good. I wouldn’t say they were the best, but I enjoyed my meal. The service I always found is top-notch here. I have been back several times since I first visited.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I swore I would never be a sushi - eater. I even lived across the street from this place for 2 years without ever trying it. I went there once on a date, trying to impress a girl who liked sushi. (I knew they had non-sushi options on the menu as my backup plan).

There are so many sushi options that there is certainly something for everyone. There is an entire section of non-raw sushi (varying from shrimp tempura to sweet potato maki) There is even a non-sushi section of the menu consisting of chicken teriyaki and other hibachi - style meat & rice dishes.

I now go there several times a month and love trying new sushi dishes. (I also married the girl I was trying to impress on that date)

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Yoki Japanese Restaurant this weekend. The restaurant was a bit slow so the 6 of us were seated right away. Our waitress was friendly, casual, and attentive.

The highlights of the meal were:
Soft Shell Crab Appetizer (Deep fried soft shell crab served with scallions, grated daikon radish, and ponzu sauce)
California Sunrise Maki (Jumbo California Sunrise roll topped with oven baked salmon, spicy mayo and scallions)
Hawaii Maki (Shrimp tempura maki topped with fresh sliced tuna and a mixture of tempura flakes, spicy mayo, crabstick and tobiko. Finished with glazed pineapple sauce and pieces of pineapple.)

Other enjoyable meals were:
Unaji (Boiled fresh water eel glazed with a special sweetened soy sauce. Served over a bed of rice and Japanese pickle.)
Chicken Terriyaki
My two complaints would be a limited vegetarian options, and the fact that my meal (Hawaii Maki) was served long after the other entrees at our table.