“Generally o.k., but with a few critiques”
Review of Not Your Average Joe's - CLOSED

Not Your Average Joe's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 16
Transit: We are located in the Station Landing Complex, across the Skywalk from the Wellington T stop on the Orange Line.
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Went to dinner here with my partner last weekend.
Pros:
Food was quite good and very artfully presented. Pre-meal bread and dip at NYAJ is always a true stand-out. Wait staff was appropriately attentive.

Cons:
Restaurant itself seems a bit unclean - there were pieces of scrap paper on the floor near our table and there seems to be a sense of dinginess to the physical space, even though it is a relatively new building.
While the food is good, I think it is on the pricey side for the style of restaurant.
Got a gingerbread martini, which was good, but I wondered if there was any alcohol in it. I could not taste any alcohol, nor did I feel like I had any alcohol (and I am a lightweight!).
We would have liked a capuccino for dessert, but their machine was broken. We ran into this same issue the last time we went there about 6 months ago.

I debated about whether to rate the restaurant as average or very good. Would probably do somewhere in the middle, but closer to average given the negatives above. .

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We love the Not Your Average Joe's located in Andover, MA and decided to visit the Medford, MA one during a trip to Cambridge, MA. While the service staff was friendly we felt that the food was not really up to par. The Andover one is located in an up scale local mall with plenty of parking and the Medford one has mostly on-street parking - maybe a pay parking garage available. They offer phone ahead reservations.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I always have a good time! I meet my cousin often, as she comes from Boston and I'm a North Shore Girl!
Nice bar set up with great 1/2 price apps until 6pm. Love the TUNA WONTONS!!!
My teen age son loves the innovative recipes! always something new to try! We usually go for the special, and have never gone wrong!

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Gorgeous weather on night we went so able to sit on back patio. Heather our waitress was attentive; knowledgeable and very accommodating. Service was greats bacon goat cheese pizza for appetizer fabulous! So was the bread and oil they brought to our table when we arrived. Nice locations great atmosphere. Definitely going back...not you regular chain restaurant menu!

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Went with family including a two year old. The waiter, Christophe, was super...very friendly, good with our grandkids, intent on making our visit enjoyable. The food was great. The wine was reasonably priced. I would recommend heartily.