“Oh what a night!”

Basil Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Medfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A warm neighborhood restaurant serving American cuisine with an Italian soul. Menu changes seasonally and offers nightly specials that reflect the best of what is fresh each day of the season.
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Wow is all that comes to mind to sum up the experience.
The food came out timely and delicious. The bread was served while we waited for out food, it was definatly come made and phenomenal. The chicken parm was the best I've ever had. Our waitress in the bar was Melissa, she was a saint. Couldn't have had better service and better food. Highly recommend!

2  Thank McGrath111
There are newer reviews for Basil Restaurant

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I would consider myself an amateur chef and someone who takes pride in serving my company a meal that is worth eating and leave them with a satisfied taste in their mouths. I heard good reviews on this local restaurant Basil and decided to check out what they had to offer. It's close proximity to my residency made it an easy choice and something my wife and I wanted to try. We each chose a dish off their "Italian Specialties" for take out and let me assure you this was not the meal I was expecting for $20 a plate. My wife had the Chicken Broccoli Ziti with Alfredo sauce, The Alfredo was bland and had zero flavor. It seemed as though it was either made in 5 minutes with old milk and cheese and zero seasonings or was poured out of a container bought at a grocery store... I am being generous because grocery store Alfredo is actually more flavorful. I didn't bother trying the rest of it because I was to busy running to the trash can with my meal. I had the Chicken Parm with pasta and a side of meatballs or in what I described them as hardened golf balls ready to be hit off a tee. The sauce was okay and had decent flavor but the Chicken was a pre fried patty covered with cheese and was definitely defrosted before cooked. I'd expect this from a local sub shop but not a fine dining restaurant charging prices I'd expect from 5 star national chains. Back to the meatballs, I was expecting juicy flavorful meat with Italian seasonings and that sense of knowing they were hand rolled. This was far from the case and the meatballs were definitely pre packaged frozen golf balls I needed a steak knife to cut through, Just for fun I dropped one onto my table only to watch it bounce back up like a ping pong ball. Over all I was really disappointed and wasted $41 on a meal I could have made better with my eyes closed. I can't speak for the in house dining and service but the take out was dreadful and I won't be returning anytime soon.

3  Thank John M
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It is really strange to find this place in the midst of a neighborhood. It is very nice, the food is good, not great, but it does have some specialties.

1  Thank Teresa A
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Average quality and large quantity meals. Very good service and very friendly. Many booths and low noise level make it a comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank Dickcape
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Every time I went here I got sick! Drinks are not good and neither is food. Disappointing because I could walk here!

2  Thank ccarolyn