“A Nice Treat”
Review of Boston Bean House

Boston Bean House
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Maynard
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I used to stop in to Boston Bean for a weekly treat, but broke myself of the habit once I got a french press. I hadn't been in 2-3 years and today was the first time I was at their "new" location, diagonally across from where they used to reside. The space is open, bright, and clean. Near-immediately, one of the owners recognized me and greeted me like an old friend.

I paid just over $5 for a medium mocha latte and an oversized muffin which was about $2 less than the equivalent at a Starbucks. The latte was rich and creamy - perfect on a cool morning. The banana nut muffin was moist and tasty, with whole walnuts on the top.

1  Thank jensparks05

Reviewed November 4, 2010

French decor with English (New England) name and american menu. First thing I noticed right away was the space, large and clean. There seem to be more staff than quests during lunch. I got the lunch special - a turkey gobbler in a wrap. It came with a bag of chips and a warm chocolate chip cookie. The turkey was deli turkey which does not thrill me but overall it was a good sandwich filled with crispy lettuce, yummy stuffing and cranberry sauce. The cranberry sauce could use a little citrus to brighten the flavor. They are new so I forgave the server for forgetting my small coffee...I will go back to give it another try and hopefully it will have that "lived in" feeling most of Maynards other special establishments have.

1  Thank 2sisterstravel
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Food here is edible, but nothing spectacular. I've tried some of their morning fair and have found them dry. Service is adequate.

Reviewed March 1, 2009

The new location for the Boston Bean House (diagonally across from where it was before and across from CVS) is big and bright and roomy. It is closer to the Mill now but harder to see if you are just driving by. Lattes, sandwiches, croissants and scones are all really good. There is limited parking behind or street parking to the right of building. We're there every morning!

Reviewed November 21, 2008

I've tried a number of things here with very mixed results. The house blend was good. The Rio was mezzo-mezzo. I asked for a double-toasted bagel and it was way burnt; like "who would serve this bagel?" burnt. I was impressed that they cut up fresh veggies for the veggie cream cheese but...

The worst thing I tried was a mocha that tasted like some crappy chocolate syrup mixed with milk; there is no way it was anything resembling a latte or even anything with espresso that I could tell.