“Rated by past memories!”

Erikson's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Maynard
Reviewed May 17, 2013

So, OK - there is no category for this type of review!

A friend sent a photo of their shop with one word - YUM - and just like that, my mouth started watering and I had to deal with a near insatiable desire for an ice cream cone. My reaction prompted a web search, and I was delighted to find that Erikson's still exists to sooth the heat of a summer day. My list of GOTTA DOs for this summer's visit 'back home' now includes a visit for one of their "too big to eat it all before it melts" cones.

A word of caution - last visit was NOT June 12 - how about maybe 20 years ago??

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Erikson's doesn't have the richest, deepest flavors like other places in the area, but it will do on a hot summer day when you just have to have an ice cream. The lines can be long during the late afternoon and evening, but they go fast.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This family run ice cream stand has been in business for over 75 years which should tell you something right there! The creamy smooth taste and consisteny of the ice cream is perfect in my opinion. They introduce new flavors each year but my favorite has always been the mocha chip.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We come here every Sunday night with the family. Even without the family. The ice cream is fresh, the flavors distinctive, the servers lovely, and the prices reasonable. Graham Central Station and Green Monster, we are waiting for you!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love this ice cream place. When they open I stock up on my frozen yogurt mixing black raspberry chip (with its melt in the mouth dark chocolate chips) with triple chocolate. I try to stock up right before they close. My husband loves their vanilla and other flavors (I am a frozen yogurt person) I do find it a bit annoying that the yogurt has to be hand packed and most of their staff does a poor job packing and I am often cheated. So be aware if you asked to have anything hand packed, they may not pack it well (they should charge less for hand packed rather than more) But I do love the flavors, it is a family business and I will always keep going.