“Anniversary Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff was excellent and the meal was properly priced for what you received. The view overlooking the hills was very nice.

There are newer reviews for River Rock Grill

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times in recent years and have had a mixed bag with food quality. I went this weekend with my children and had a great meal. The basics, mac and cheese and chicken fingers, were very tasty. The chicken fingers had a light and crunchy batter (maybe made in the kitchen and not from a frozen box) and the mac and cheese was very creamy. I had the special, a delicious petite filet mignon wrapped in bacon, was served with perfectly cooked vegetables. Our server was also very pleasant and accommodating. I have function at this restaurant coming up and I am looking forward to sampling more of the same.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Luncheon meeting with a client led to River Rock Grill in Maynard MA. Maynard a bit off the beaten path, so you'll be in the area for business or leisure already if this restaurant likely to hit your radar. The food is good, good portions and priced reasonably. The atmosphere was very good for a business discussion and service was rated at good-to-very good. The server made a mistake with my entree, but it was corrected quickly and to my complete satisfaction. Bar area is nice with an excellent selection of premium beers available on tap.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I wanted a change of pace so I suggested to my wife that we try this restaurant. A two year old video narrated by Billy Costa of NECN provided the impetus to check the River Rock out. The video mentioned that culinary greatness had come to Maynard so my expectations were fairly high. Upon entering the establishment around 5:30 PM I sensed a discordant tone. They aimed to be more than a local eatery but were missing fine finishing touches in their decor. Although the furniture was simple, clean and modern there was no warmth. The bar in particular was dark and uninviting. My wife and I were seated at a booth near a front window which had a lovely view on a bright Saturday. The waitress was friendly and helpful. We decided to order a bottle of Merlot to enjoy with what I was hoping would be a special meal. We split a Caprese salad that we found rather average. We then proceeded to wait nearly 30 minutes for our entrees, Bouillabaisse for my wife while I tried one of their Morrocan dishes the Lemon Chicken Tagine. The food was average at best. Nothing was particularly good nor bad just not that flavorful. I've never had Morrocan food so I didn't know what to expect. On the other hand the Bouillabaisse is a dish that both my wife and I have enjoyed in many places and have certain expectations. It was rather dull at the River Rock. A dish such as this in the city for $22 could be considered a bargain but out here in Maynard I consider it overpriced particularly considering its' drab taste. There are much better restaurant offerings in the metro-west area to choose from so I will not be going back. Billy Costa's review was more of a commercial for the establishment then an honest analysis.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Dined here on a Saturday night in February. We arrived and opened the door to a foyer which had a bucket of ice melt, a shovel and a broken sign being stored there. Not a very good first impression. We were met by the hostess and seated. Service was good. Both the dining room and bar were empty on a Saturday night. The atmosphere was nothing special. Food was average. Just an okay experience.

2  Thank mass_traveler100