“Fresh and authentic - Local family business”
Review of El Huipil

El Huipil
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Maynard
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We visit El Huipil regularly. As a So-Cal native I naturally consider myself a connoisseur of Mexican food, and El Huipil makes me feel almost like I'm back home. The food is fresh and authentic, reasonably priced and filling. Our kids love the quesadilla kids meals and juice boxes, I like the super burritos (bean and cheese), enchiladas and Mexican sodas. I only wish they had horchata... The dining room is small and very casual, just a step above fast food but with low prices to match. They only seem to have either hot sauce or pico de gallo; some salsa verde or a medium salsa would be great. True, the take-out versions lack the presentation of the dine-in options, but I'm not complaining. I just noticed they have a breakfast menu on weekends, can't wait to try the chilaquiles and huevos rancheros.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Based on the high reviews I decided to get a quick take-out order. The Chimichanga was of poor quality and even worse presentation. Perhaps dining in would have been better. We vowed not to return.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stumbled upon this little gem while looking for lunch. I read about it a while back but was not sure where it was. It is not on the main road in Maynard. We loved it. They have great Mexican sodas to enjoy with your food. Two of us had the Super Burrito. They were big and yummy. I had the enchiladas. I picked chicken. I thought I was only getting the enchiladas but it came with beans, rice, and a nice little tomato lettuce salad. It was very good! My other friend had the Tacos Al Pastor. I loved the presentation. Three soft tacos placed on the place open. In the center was some marinated grilled pork in chili sauce and some other goodies. On the top of the meat was an avocado sauce. Prices were very reasonable. No alcohol, very casual. Thumbs up!

2  Thank Mooo
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We love this store front gem of a restaurant! Fresh, bright flavors, authentic cuisine and super friendly staff. This one is a keeper! It's casual dining, and the take out is quick but made to order. Try the carnitas plate or the mole ( both large portions...two of us share one with an appetizer).

1  Thank JoyGurrl
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Superb food, friendly staff, owner seems to always be there, and always checks to see if everything is just right. Carnitas Mexican plate... Yum! Mole is a house specialty.

1  Thank TravelsWithMark