“Now called on the go, very good sandwich deli!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
George's Take Out & Deli
Ranked #13 of 24 Restaurants in Mattapoisett
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have ordered sandwiches from this deli many times in the past, I especially like the tuna wrap everything is prepared made to order. On occasion we have purchased meat when in a pinch and we did not feel like going to the grocery. I have not tried their pizza yet, but will hopefully soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Excellent sandwiches, pizza, soups, and meats. They are friendly and convenient. I love this place and buy food here regularly.

1  Thank 5Wanderers
Reviewed September 12, 2012

First of all the name is now On the Go and the place is the best! All the sandwiches are the bomb! They are huge and the best I've ever eaten. You can't go wrong here all of the ingredients are fresh and top of the line! He offers hand cut steaks to what ever thickness you want and then vacuum seals and wraps them! And there's a deli, and soups, salads, and the best chili ever! Stop in you won't be disappointed! I love this place it's so good!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you are looking for a great deal then check this place out. The sandwiches are awesome and so big they are incredible! The owner has been in the restaurant business since he has been 15 years old starting at Pa Raffas. He owns another restaurant besides On the Go and he has been cooking iin restaurants in Newport RI and Ft Lauderdale Florida. He has a degree from Johnson and Wales and nothing here is bad. They have a deli and soups, salads and now started serving gourmet pizza ! He has hand cut steaks and pre-prepared meals for the busy family! Quality and Service and portions are fantastic! All steaks are certified black angus and all deli meats are Boars Head nothing but the best here! Check them out! You'll love it!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

It's not called George's anymore because he pased away...now it is "On the Go" deli, soups, sandwiches and more. A great little spot...does a huge lunch business for people working nearby. I actually used this place to cater a family event and was very pleased. I often stop here on the way home when I don't feel like cooking..Or if I want to grill outside, I can get quality meats at the lastr minute. The only thing I've ever had here that I wasn't crazy about was their pea soup..it was a bit sweet and had chunks of stuff like potato in it...just not my kind of pea soup..other people might love it.

1  Thank mayalavender