“It's small but very good”
Review of Tastebuds

Tastebuds
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Mattapoisett
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Tastebuds (our first time) this evening and it was very good.
I had the Coquilles St. Jacques (with a cup of chowda) scallops done perfectly. My wife had the Lobster special, also very good. Our waitress,Tess was great. Not pushy to turn the table. Nice relaxing meal. Only downside, the place is small............so get there early!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

If you fancy sitting in a coat closet on top of a window overlooking the parking lot, this is the place for you! Food was extremely salty and overpriced. The staff could benefit by some training on making a cup of tea. A definite pass next time.

2  Thank sophieblack2
Brittany L, Manager at Tastebuds, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank You For Your Review. I apologize that your experience at Tastebuds was not to your liking.
Friday's and Saturday's are our busiest nights, and most people call for reservations as far as three days prior. I checked my reservation book just to make sure I could personalize this comment, and had found that you had put your name in for call-ahead seating, however, our main dinning room was booked up and all we had to offer at that time was the back room seating.

It had taken us over two years for our dream to become a reality and we're proud of what we have and what we have accomplished.... especially within our confines of this building. It truly saddens me that you felt this way about our restaurant and our dining and hope that you do try us again. But please be sure to call in a reservation a little more in advanced to make sure we can make your experience more pleasurable in our main dinning room!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

second time coming here with my friend. Got a gift certificate for christmmas and was really looking forward to dinner. This is a small sort of bistro that is open for dinner wed thru sunday, we were there on a wed night. We each ordered a glass or wine and were given 2 small dinner rolls which were very good, but two?? My friend ordered the shrimp and scallop casserole with a side of risotto and brussell sprouts. I ordered the " special" filet with espresso syrup and baby carrots and risotto. Casserole was very small but good, my filet was raw, maybe 3 carrots on the plate and the risotto was like thick rice pudding. The waitress asked if I wanted to send the filet back but I said no I was afraid it would never come back. It took and hour and 10 minutes after we ordered to get our food and was quite dissapointing at $65.00. There are many other good places that I can spend my money at. Will not come back for dinner

1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Because of the snowy weather and various committments we had not been to Tastebud's for about 6 weeks so I invited my daughter and 2 of my grandchildren to lunch during school vacation. We were greeted by our favorite server Lisa and she and the owner Carol were so happy to see us after our absence. The kids and I were in the mood for burgers and we ordered them along with a couple of cups of the restaurant's delicious chowder so they could sample it. The huge burgers and my daughter's fish taco lunch arrived after a short wait. Three of us chose different sides to go along with our burger, onion rings, french fries and the house made potato chips. They were all a hit! The burgers were juicy and cooked to each of our liking and were served on a toasted brioche roll.
The fish taco was yummy according to my daughter and had just the right amount of seasoning accompanying the crispy fish. Although the grandchildren had anticipated ordering one of Tastebud's delicious house made desserts, we were all so full that we just couldn't fit in another bite. Not only did the somewhat picky Grandchildren love the burgers and chowder, they are now looking forward to going back for Sunday Brunch really soon!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Finally got around to trying this place and I 'get' why other reviewers here have been several times - the menu is interesting and diverse, and the food is pretty darn good! But what made me give the place a 'very good' rating was the Margarita - made with fresh juice and agave and top shelf tequila - nice touch! We started with the Feta and Herb appetizer - delish! I had a veggie burger (house made) and my dining companion had one of the beef dishes (I forget which one) We were both pleased with our meals, very tasty! Our 'better' dining options are limited in this area so it's nice to have something a bit more upscale (But by no means fussy). The only draw back for me was the wine list - very boring compared to the menu - but the fine margaritas make up for it