“Great food at the right price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mattapoisett Chowder House & Tavern
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My daughter and I love this place. The fish and chips are great and they offer 3 different sizes for varying appetites. Service was quick as well. Great place.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is never my 1st pick for local fish and chips, there are better places in town....but you can almost always run into someone you know, and frequently they have some good local musician playing in the bar. They do have an event room and recently one of the Regional high school classes had their reunion here.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Just ate there for the first time and I thought it was pretty good. Our waitress did a very good job, everything was ordered and delivered in a timely fashion. I had the lobster Mac and cheese on special that I thought was excellent and at a great price. Overall I was very pressed.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have given the Mattapoisett Chowder House a couple of tries because it's close to our house and my husband loves fish, but YUCK!! Both times I got bad scallops ( I didn't even order scallops, they were in other dishes that I ordered, but no mention of them on the menu). The service is slow because I think they are understaffed. I don't think it's the servers fault. Stay away and try Turks just a couple of miles down the road!

Reviewed February 1, 2012

service is slow with only two tables itaken in the restaurant section. broiled scallops were very good. This restaurant takes part in a local radio stations promotion offering two 25.00 Gift certificattes for 25.00. The wait staff needs to receive some trainng in the use of the certificates> Plainloy printed on the certificate is credit given for unused portion. Our waitress had a hard time understanding this.