“Total Surprise”
Review of Gaucho's Cuisine - CLOSED

Gaucho's Cuisine
Cuisines: American, Brazilian
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We arrived at the restaurant at 7PM. I was embarrassed to ask the woman - "is this all there is"? I thought maybe there was more to the restaurant in the back? Around the corner? She replied, we're small, we're simple, but the food is very good". She offered us samples of their feijoada soup which was just delicious! We all looked at each other and decided to stay since she was so pleasant and the reviews on TA were go positive.

We went across the way and bought some beverages to accompany our dinner (BYOB).

We all ordered something different to try each other's items and all were amazing. We asked if there was any Brazilian music they could play and she explained there was a problem with their sound system, but handed us the TV remote - it was great! We put on soccer and it made it all the more fun.

Then she came over with a wonderful dessert for my birthday (which I casually mentioned when we arrived). It was fabulous! But what really blew us away happened next. She said she hoped we'd come back before we left the Cape. We asked how late they're open and she said until 7PM. She never mentioned to us when we arrived that they were closing! They welcomed us as if it were hours before. For this reason alone, we'll go back.

Just an all around great experience. It's no wonder they're getting these great ratings.

3  Thank Electra225

Reviewed June 25, 2014

recently I read the comments on Goucho's in Masphee. and felt I had to add one myself! I agree with the 99% that, say it's a hidden gem, and find fault with this so called Brazilian that's a food critic?
I have also visit Brazilian Rest. from the small to the large, I.E, Brazilian Grill in Hyannis,Fogo De Chao in Orlando to mention the Bigger Rest Goucho,s is not a big, all you can eat establishment, But rather a cozy Home cooking REST. Ron has been a CHEF in many places, also has displayed his dishes in a very upscale market in a prominent gated expensive community!
He left, to start his own business at the request of many others who have tasted his food.
As I am sure this so -called Brazilian knows dishes and recipes vary from person to person this is what makes dishes different, Funny how 99%of the reviews were favorable with only one dislike? Could it be that someone has a hidden agenda?
I end with this, to the Brazilian , the only one disappointed in Goucho"s Maybe you should start a Rest? I"m sure with your expertise you;ll have at least one good review YOUR OWN!' P.S. I married a BRAZILIAN and am happy I did. I have eaten at Ron.s and Doris"s Rest and find it is FANTASTIC! Everyone has an opinion that's whats great about America,I'll respect his right to write what he wants, But 99% of the people vs 1 on the food ? REALLY?????

3  Thank pfsaff
Reviewed June 24, 2014

In the cooler months, I visited this hidden gem a couple times a week just for their Feijoada Soup. I became so addicted to it, I started buying it in bulk and then sharing it with family and friends! In addition to the soup, their menu offers a variety of superb wraps and sandwiches that simply melt in your mouth.

Need something catered? Or need a dish to bring to a party? I highly recommend the eggplant lasagna. Heavenly.

Service-outstanding; Food-fresh, delicious & like a home-cooked meal. Modest, casual atmosphere with counter service; the food is glorious.

2  Thank lorim0713
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Went to Gaucho's after reading all the glowing reviews.
We had their Brazilian barbecue steak sandwich and veggie quesadilla. They prepare your food after you order so there was a wait to get our sandwiches. The wife/co- owner is extremely pleasant and one hopes that their business thrive as their food is really good. Both of the sandwiches were VERY good. Cooked well, nice and warm even though our order was to go, not greasy, quality fresh products and flavorful . My husband is the meat eater and he loved the veggie quesadilla! We also ordered a potato salad that was excellent....most potato salad has that "additive" ingredient which gives it that processed yucky taste not Gauchos.
Their prices might be a bit higher , although I would say they are a very fair value for the quality and serving size of their offerings.

1  Thank waterviews2014
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I read all the “great” reviews and went there for lunch hoping I wouldn’t have to drive all the way to Hyannis to the Brazilian Grill, (which is fantastic) every time I wanted to taste some Brazilian flavors. Gauchos are known for their absolutely mouth watering barbecue so I thought this place would have delicious food, boy was I wrong!

Gaucho’s Cuisine “Brazilian” feijoada is a very thin, watery, and tasteless kind of broth made with carrots and read beans. Red beans, really? The traditional Brazilian feijoada is prepared with black beans, a variety of salted pork or beef products, such as pork trimmings (ears, tail, feet), bacon, smoked pork ribs, and at least two types of smoked sausage and jerked beef (loin and tongue) that makes a tasteful, rich and hearty bean stew. I know because I am Brazilian.

They also have quesadillas on the menu, which by no means is a Brazilian dish. Their chicken quesadilla has so little chicken you can barely identify what you are eating. The meat in the steak wrap is tough and tasteless. This is not really a Brazilian or a Mexican place. I really don’t know what they are.

On their Facebook page they claim to serve the following food styles: American (New), Asian Fusion, Barbeque, Brazilian, Chinese, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, and Sandwiches. Unfortunately, for those who choose to eat there, they do not encompass all these food styles on that confusing and poor menu. ……Jack-of-all-trades, master of none!

Sadly the only thing really Brazilian about this place are the owners. I liked them, they are nice, but they need to work to improve their poor food options. Pick a style and stick with it.

I have bean to other Brazilian restaurants in Brazil, Florida, Mass., and NY. This below average restaurant needs a LOT of work if they want to survive in this very competitive business. Until they improve their menu do not waste your money eating there!

2  Thank Voxfree