We've stayed here many times over the years~always in the summer. I can see why people are not happy when they stay outside of the summer. The feel and vibe of the Cape is just not the same. Summer offers the most options that this resort allows you to easily get to and enjoy: Ferry to the Islands; beautiful and huge Southcape Beach just minutes away; Summer Concerts at the Mashpee Commons up the road; Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute ~ 15 min away; Chatham, Provincetown, Nauset Lighthouse---all an easy drive from here; Historic Sandwich/ Glass Museum ~ 15 min. The unit we always stay in (as we own week 30) is 41, so I can only speak for that. It's basic but comfortable & roomy with 2 bedrooms upstairs, nice jacuzzi tub in master, with well-equipped kitchen, pull-out couch in living room, deck & charcoal grilling area out back...even room for my boys to throw their baseball. The pools are clean and well-kept and my kids always have a blast. There is also a playground area with swingset and shuffleboard. There is also a small but functional work out room. Lastly, this resort is known for its tennis courts (indoor & outdoor) so if you play tennis, you're all set. You really can't beat this location for getting to beaches & other activities & restaurants. Yes, the units are simple & basic; but they are clean & roomy with a very "Cape feel" to the grounds. There is even shared coin-op washer/dryer in the basement which is great. I highly recommend it if you aren't expecting "Ritz"-like accommodations, but rather a clean, comfortable "standard" condo with great pricing for summer rates on the Cape and an excellent location from which to explore Cape Cod.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southcape Resort & Club, a Festiva Resort, is located on one of the most desirable vacation destinations in the northeast and possibly the country; the Upper Cape of Cape Cod. The Southcape Resort & Club in Mashpee, MA, is a luxurious resort in a peaceful setting with amenities and activities for everyone to enjoy. Spend the days shopping at Mashpee Commons, fishing or boating on the sound, golfing at one of the many nearby courses or just enjoying the amenities right on the property. Southcape Resort & Club is the perfect home base for a vacation at the Cape.While the Southcape Resort & Club offers plenty of amenities to keep guests busy, there are also many exciting attractions and events around the Cape Cod area that shouldn't be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southcape Resort, a Festiva Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southcape Resort, a Festiva Hotel Mashpee
- Southcape Hotel Mashpee
- Southcape Resort, a Festiva Destination Mashpee, MA - Cape Cod