“Great Lobster Roll” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Bradford, Vermont
“Great Lobster Roll”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Lobster roll may seem expensive but it's plenty for 2 people! Very good, all lobster meat and a little mayonnaise. Seating is sometimes at a premium.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Garym053

Annapolis
“Just ok, not sure what the fuss is about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had dinner here one evening based upon the many reviews and recommendations. The Marketplace is cute and a fairly good three-piece band was playing. We ordered a lobster roll with fries to split. You are given a number. I asked the girl if I should what inside, she said no, They would find us. Then, I had to go to the bar to get a bottle of wine separately. Kind of a pain. They are the same business in the same room, but they make you do the work. A very surly waitress brought out our dinner, as though we had imposed upon her. The lobster roll is huge, plain, untoasted bun. The portion is certainly more than enough for two. But, at over $28, it should be. The lobster meat was not the best, lots of claw meat and a bit of a rubbery texture with a strong favor. It was Ok, but you seem to be paying for quantity not quality. Also, when the music ended, we each had a glass of wine left. We wanted to take it over to the picnic tables outside of the raw bar. But, we got chased down by two guys who said we could not do that. So, even though Bob's and the Raw bar have the same owner you can't cross contaminate. We had intended to finish ou wine and get something else at the bar. But, we just left at tat point. Seems like this place is overly focused on the kids. They can run around a tear the place up... But the adults have to stay in line!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Massachusetts
“Family favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay at Maushop Village. Great fried food.. I'd have to say their fried clams and their clam chowder were some of the best we had all week. Husband had their famous lobster roll... huge!!! Limited seating inside, but bring the food out to one of the tables outside in the Popponesset market place.

Visited July 2013
Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Incredible lobster roll!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had been hearing about the awesome lobster rolls here from people where I work. It was also the highest recommended place to go for one by the host of a local/Boston restaurant critique show.When you live on Cape Cod, seafood is essential for life! So, on the last day of my all too short summer vacation, I picked up my Mum and we came here. We were not disappointed. I was concerned before we got there that on a Sunday afternoon we would have a long wait but that was not the case at all.You place your order at the counter, pick your table, either inside or out, and your order is delivered to you. When my mother asked the young lady taking our order for a lobster roll she was asked if we wanted to split it. My mother said she wanted her own so I also ordered one for myself.They were huge!! Neither one of us has to cook dinner tonight because we took home half of the roll as we could not eat more than that!Also, the chowder was very good. Beer and wine were available. We were not rushed at all. Will definately return.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Mary L
Ottawa
“Great spot for lobster rolls and fish & chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

During our recent stay in Maushop Village we scheduled a special dinner night to head to Bob's for their famous lobster roll. We ended up going on fish and chips night and as a group of six we shared two orders of lobster rolls and a few orders of fish and chips. The lobster rolls were terrific and exactly as promised with plenty of lobster and no filler. They keep it simple with little mayo so you taste the lobster. The fish and chips stole the show as they are VERY lightly battered and there is plenty of fish. Bob's is set up so you order at the counter and they bring the food out to you. They also do takeout. We opted to grab a seat outside overlooking the courtyard and live music. Definitely recommend visiting Bob's when in New Seabury area.

• Visited July 2013