“Never Disappointed”

Bobby Byrne's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Mashpee
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are at once surface and symbol. Our logo, which is influenced by the Celtic Knot, is insinuated not only into our decor and menu and onto our wall, but also unto the walls of our imagination. It can speak to us of mystery, of beginning and end, of what is now and of what is to be. Like poetry, we touch upon the coherent and the unknowable at the same time. Thus the Pub is about more than food and drink. We want to give you magic and metaphysics with your meat and malt. We hope that we nourish your spirit and enable you to experience not only another great good place but also a great good thought.
Mashpee, Massachusetts
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

One of our favorites - can get a bit crazy on the weekends, but the food is a good value and the service is great. Nice little outdoor patio for great summer people watching.

Visited October 2012
Jeffrey M, Owner at Bobby Byrne's Restaurant & Pub, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
As I mentioned to the previous review, it has grown to a very busy place (Mashpee Commons) in the 39 years of us being here. I agree that weekends are crazy around here, this weekend with Black Friday shoppers it was packed. Thanks for your plug for our sidewalk cafe, its truly located in the epicenter of the Commons and a great place to hang out.

Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Good family restaurant, best if visited off-season”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have visited Bobby Byrne's many times. We decided to go on a Fall Sunday evening.
We did not have to make reservations, we were greated immediately by the host.
We got a nice table. Our waitress was very prompt and nice. The dining room is well decorated, creative, elegant and welcoming.
We ordered clam chowder, seafood risotto and Red Zinfandel. Food was delicious.
We had a great time and we will be back.
Prices were reasonable.

• Visited November 2012
Thank you for your very positive review. Your advice of "best if visited in the off-season" is very true of the entire Mashpee Commons area. In the 39 years we've been in this location we've seen it grow into a great year round community with lots to do in the "off season". Thanks for the kind words concerning our service, food quality and atmosphere, we never tire of hearing it.
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“2nd rate food”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was at BB last night. How hard can a french dip be? The meat was cold, I mean straight out of the fridge. So cold that it cooled down the au jus before I was done. I had to leave it in the au jus for so long that the bread would fall apart before I could eat it. Then as a garnishment they gave me some lettuce and 2 tomato slices. The tomato was a week old at best and translucent. I told the waitress and she said it was just because they put it in the fridge. I have a garden. I grow tomatoes, when mine start to look like that I throw them away, not serve them to somebody. No seasoning on any food that I have ever got there. Very disappointed. Will not go back again. I'd rather stay home a good a fresh meal. Didn't even have 1800 tequila. My wife got the clam platter. 10 clams and a huge plate of fries to make it look like you were getting
$18 worth of clams. ps the french onion soup was good.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, MA
“Pleasantly Surprised ...More than just a pub!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I just visited there today for lunch and thought the food, service and atmosphere were fantastic; I was expecting a dark pub-ish atmosphere, but the dining room is light, well-decorated and welcoming. (there is a bar/pub that will give you that.) We also stayed for over 1-1/2 hours and were not rushed out and the service was perfectly timed. Always attentive, but never pushy.
Food was great; had the cranberry chicken salad. Tasty. I will return.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank capegirl50
Jeffrey M, Owner at Bobby Byrne's Restaurant & Pub, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thanks for the kind words. We've been in this location for 38 years and we never get tired of hearing compliments. We've been fortunate to have a great team working for us all these years and reviews like this prove it. The cranberry chicken salad is my wife's favorite also!
Alexandria, Virginia
“Always terrific!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

You really can't go wrong at this place. Consistently good sandwiches, chowder, meals. HUGE portions. Fish and chips are crispy and fresh, get it with sweet potato fries. Coleslaw is wonderful. And while the NE clam chowder is awesome, the seafood chowder is just amazing.

Visited September 2012